Author Topic: Adding new sceneries...  (Read 2128 times)

Ankh

Adding new sceneries...
« on: November 07, 2018, 01:46:35 pm »
Hi all, something I wonder after seeing people with minor issues regarding GSX Level 2 and the newly released Köln/Bonn Airport: what do we have to do in such a case? I mean, I use the GSX Level 2 default airport enhancement, that is fine. But when I now buy a scenery covering one of those default airports, does this automatically work? Do I have to disable GSX Level 2 for the default airport somehow? Thanks for clarification,

Regards
Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Adding new sceneries...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 04:05:06 pm »
I'm not entirely sure what you are asking. Why you think you have to disable GSX ? Since GSX was released, it always worked in every airport you use, and will read the data from the scenery AFCAD that comes with the airport.

Of course, you might still want to customize it, to fine tune vehicle positions, etc. but, in general, everything will work.

In addition to that, I think the new Koln scenery already comes with SODE jetways so, there's no replacement to be done either.

Ankh

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 10:55:08 am »
The question is based on a report in the AS Forums where a user showed a screenshot of Köln/Bonn where the GSX Level 2 jetways were visible that were added when the user was using the default airport.

Means: if I have added GSX Level 2 jetways to all default airports and I then install a scenery addon for such a default airport later, will those GSX Level 2 jetways automatically be eliminated/deactivated?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 11:00:10 am »
The question is based on a report in the AS Forums where a user showed a screenshot of Köln/Bonn where the GSX Level 2 jetways were visible that were added when the user was using the default airport.

That seems to indicate the user has a conflicting AFCAD for some reason. The GSX .INI customization file works only with the AFCAD it has been created with.

If that user edited the airport when the active AFCAD was the conflicting one, if the conflict is still there so that AFCAD is still the active one even after installing the AS Koln, that previous customization would still be in place.

Means: if I have added GSX Level 2 jetways to all default airports and I then install a scenery addon for such a default airport later, will those GSX Level 2 jetways automatically be eliminated/deactivated?

Yes, that's would the normal behavior. Each customization file will work only with the AFCAD it was designed with. If you install a new scenery, the active AFCAD will be a different one, so the old customization will not be used.

Ankh

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 02:11:04 pm »
Perfect, thanks for the clarification.