Author Topic: Gates not functioning properly  (Read 2329 times)

Gaming_Blue1123

Gates not functioning properly
« on: November 07, 2018, 04:24:23 am »
Hello, I have both the 1st and 2nd version of GSX and it’s been working fine until last night when I tried to do a flight from Copenhagen to Zurich on an SAS MD-80. I requested my gate to connect to main door, as per usual. After I had selected that option the gate darted to the left, away from my aircraft actually quite opposite of what a gate should normally look like. The gate it’s self would not respond after I had ordered it to move, however the gate airline signs, Ground Power units and other utilities connected to the gate moved separately toward my aircraft as if nothing was wrong. they were floating in mid air with no gate attached to them, because the gate was pointed to the left. I’ve re installed both versions of GSX and I’m not sure how to fix this issue.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 04:32:51 am by Gaming_Blue1123 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gates not functioning properly
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 04:27:30 pm »
It's not clear from your message:

- What Zurich scenery you are referring to

- Which jetways kind had, if you replaced them, and how.

Gaming_Blue1123

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 10:37:00 pm »
Oh my apologies, I wasn’t referring to any kind of scenery other than the default scenery that comes with FSX SE. those were just miscellaneous details I added. Now for your second question about the gates, I’m not exactly sure what you meant but I’ll try my best to explain my situation in further detail. I’m not sure what gate model I was using but I tested the gates at several different airports and all of the gates I tested did not work properly. What I did to troubleshoot my problem was open up the FSDT GSX control panel, click restore default jetways, and then I clicked disable default jetways. I also ran the live update and neither seems to work. I’m unfamiliar with how to tweak GSX files so I’m in the dark here

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 11:11:54 am »
Ok, so you were using the default Zurich. Please report an example on which gate you used, and the precise, exact, jetway model you used there, assumed you customized it.

Gaming_Blue1123

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 08:36:36 pm »
As I stated in my first comment, my flight originated in Copenhagen and I was going to fly to Zurich but I did not depart Copenhagen because of this glitch. As for parking I believe I was parked at gate B10 but I could be wrong. As for the gate model I’m not sure as I am away from my home right now. I didn’t change the model. I just used the gate given to me by GSX. I can check the model once I am home. I did not customize or modify the ground services whatsoever, I simply spawned in at the parking, requested to operate the gate, and then the issue occurs where it teleports to the left.

Gaming_Blue1123

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 12:19:11 am »
Now that I have returned home, the jetway model in question is, Apron drive standard Jetway 39/10
I have the airconditioning unit and power unit equppied
The gate is B10 at EKCH
This is what heppends when i request to operate the jetway