Developer's Backdoor > Chicago O'Hare V2

Windows 10 and couatl not showing up in menu **SOLVED**

(1/3) > >>

Charlie44:
Folks,
I've had your scenery products for years, and have never been able to get them to work on PC's running XP or Windows7 with FSX.  I've wasted countless hours on this with no fix.  I've now got a beefed up PC running Windows 10 and, supposedly I need to try to install couatl3-- but it's nowhere to be found.  I would like some help here.  I've been a customer of yours for years, and have never been able to get the scenery to work correctly.  Needless to say, I'm very disappointed with FSDT and their products.  If I can't get this scenery to run on this PC, then I've wasted $135 which I can't afford to waste.

virtuali:
I'm not sure what do you mean with "I need to try to install couatl3-- but it's nowhere to be found". Everything required to run the products is of course included in the installers.

Just be sure you use their CURRENT version, not some old downloads you might have downloaded years ago. And, as usual, configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

Charlie44:
Hello,
I read on one of the forums that in order to get the scenery to run on Windows 10, couatl version 3 needed to be installed.  In any event, I've got four scenery packs installed, and none of them work.  I've installed the serial numbers on all of them-- error messages say that the temporary license has expired.  I would appreciate any help you could give.  Unfortunately there's no way I can disable the Windows firewall.  I had the install packages saved on my network at home, and I believe those are the packages I used to install on Windows 10.  I will see if there's any way to install newer packages.

Thanks

virtuali:
Download the current installer from our site. Don't use old installers.

Charlie44:
I have downloaded the four packages from the fsdt website.  I have installed one, and received two errors, which are attached.  Since I received these errors, I have not tried to launch FSX yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version