Author Topic: Replacing a SODE jetway with a new one... I am lost  (Read 2205 times)

jgoggi

Replacing a SODE jetway with a new one... I am lost
« on: November 03, 2018, 04:44:16 pm »
Hi, I am lost...
I am trying to replace the jetways at Rome Fiumicino airport by MK Studios/Aerosoft (P3D v4.3).
I started with gate 422. I added the jetway with the "Customize jetways" button inside the "Customize parking position" menu and now I have the original SODE jetway and the new one added by me.
Now what should I do in order to delete the original SODE jetway (should I remove it from the SODE xml file of LIRF?) and, most important, what should I do in order for the new jetway to appear in the CTRL+F12 menu when I park the airplane?
Thank you!
James
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Replacing a SODE jetway with a new one... I am lost
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 07:25:03 pm »
Now what should I do in order to delete the original SODE jetway (should I remove it from the SODE xml file of LIRF?)

Yes, but you should be careful of removing only jetways, because the scenery might use SODE for other things as well. If you are sure it uses SODE just for jetways, it might be easier to just remove their XML file.

and, most important, what should I do in order for the new jetway to appear in the CTRL+F12 menu when I park the airplane?

Nothing, of course. Once the jetway is known to the editor, it will appear in the menu as well. Not that this would be any different if you kept the original SODE jetway that came with the scenery: it would appear as well, since GSX can show SODE jetways in 3rd party sceneries as well.