Author Topic: Just installed trial version - a few issues, some major, some minor  (Read 2446 times)

Aviator64

I just downloaded/installed GSX this afternoon, running it in trial mode.

My setup:
FSX:SE
ORBX scenery including Northern California
PMDG 737-800 NGX
SFO gate F83

Major issues:

1) GSX causes my Virtual Cockpit main panel to stop working - no mouse clicks work anywhere except on the various 2D panels.
This occurs randomly during GSX operations. It has never happened to me before installing GSX. It also does not occur when I do not use GSX. I have tried toggling between full screen and windowed, changing views, changing zoom level within the views, nothing fixes it. Once the failure occurs, there is no recourse except to exit the sim.

2) Pushback failure
Sequence of events:
Taxied to gate and shut down;
Activated jetway;
Catering;
Boarding/baggage loading;
Called for pushback. Never got past the "Departure Clearance" notification. Never got the popup for pushback distance and direction.

Restarted sim. Tried it again with:
Called for pushback. No jetway, no other services. Pushback worked properly.

3) "Reset Position" makes all GSX objects and the related addon menu items disappear and never return. Again, the only recourse is to exit the sim completely.

Minor issues:

Ground vehicles often drive right through each other;
Departing forward catering truck drives straight through the wing;

I have uninstalled and reinstalled GSX, restarted the computer, the issues are persistent. My sim is rock-solid otherwise.

This looks like a really cool addon; I hope there are simple fixes for these issues so I can purchase the product.

Oliver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Just installed trial version - a few issues, some major, some minor
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 09:57:32 am »
1) GSX causes my Virtual Cockpit main panel to stop working - no mouse clicks work anywhere except on the various 2D panels.

Nobody ever reported this before in 7 years GSX has been out. Nothing in GSX could possibly interact with the VC.

This occurs randomly during GSX operations. It has never happened to me before installing GSX. It also does not occur when I do not use GSX. I have tried toggling between full screen and windowed, changing views, changing zoom level within the views, nothing fixes it. Once the failure occurs, there is no recourse except to exit the sim.

I'm sorry but, I have no explanation for this, cannot reproduce and, as I've said, nobody ever reported it before. Does it happen with a specific airplane ?

2) Pushback failure
Sequence of events:
Activated jetway;
Catering;
Boarding/baggage loading;
Called for pushback. Never got past the "Departure Clearance" notification. Never got the popup for pushback distance and direction.

Please make a more complete report, including:

- the airplane used

- the airport used

- the gate used

3) "Reset Position" makes all GSX objects and the related addon menu items disappear and never return. Again, the only recourse is to exit the sim completely.

This is another thing we could never reproduce. However, some user *have* reported it so, it must related in some what to the airplane used. Are you able to restart with other airplanes ?

Ground vehicles often drive right through each other; Departing forward catering truck drives straight through the wing;

This has been discussed so many times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18261.msg127197.html#msg127197

Aviator64

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 10:28:00 am »
I'm sorry but, I have no explanation for this, cannot reproduce and, as I've said, nobody ever reported it before. Does it happen with a specific airplane ?

Please make a more complete report, including:

- the airplane used

- the airport used

- the gate used

All this information was given in my original post above.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 10:32:00 am »

You only said SFO, which doesn't give any indication about which SFO. Default ? Flightbeam ? If it's Flightbeam, which version, the original one or the HD version ?

Aviator64

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 10:53:42 am »

You only said SFO, which doesn't give any indication about which SFO. Default ? Flightbeam ? If it's Flightbeam, which version, the original one or the HD version ?

FSX default SFO

Aviator64

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 03:45:43 pm »

This is another thing we could never reproduce. However, some user *have* reported it so, it must related in some what to the airplane used. Are you able to restart with other airplanes ?

The default FSX airliners exhibited the same behavior. However, installing the latest SODE from their website appears to have resolved this issue.