Author Topic: P3D V4.5 Stuck on splash screen After customizing Jetways with GSX  (Read 1655 times)

Hawk

First, up front I will say that I have only a little experience using GSX to create new jetways.  I was using GSX to modify the aircraft position at FlyTampa KBUF.  after getting the aircraft and various equipment (carts, stairs, etc) positioned as desired, I realized that I still could not get the default jetways to move/dock within P3D.  I then created new jetways in GSX.  The GSX jetways all showed up as detached from the terminal.  I decided that it would be too much work to reposition each one-by-one so I reverted to the default jetways.  By this time the GSX control panel displayed some kind of exclude that I didn't understand.  I tried to close it and it required P3D to close first.  I closed P3D and then the control panel and then tried to restart P3D and it now hangs on the splash screen. 

I have tried to have P3D regenerate the Prepar3D.CFG file but after it is created it is completely blank (I had created a recent backup of that file and replaced the blank one but P3D still will not get past the splash screen.  I have tried "repairing P3D" but it still wont get past the splash screen.  I uninstalled GSX Version 2 and tried restarting and still no luck.  I then removed KBUF and no luck.  I reinstalled GSX V2 and KBUF and still it will not get past the splash screen.  Can you help me so I don't have to reload the entire P3D sim?  I have a lot of add-ons and takes a long time to do so.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D V4.5 Stuck on splash screen After customizing Jetways with GSX
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 02:35:58 pm »
The GSX jetways all showed up as detached from the terminal. I decided that it would be too much work to reposition each one-by-one so I reverted to the default jetways

You didn't had to do this. All you had to do, is select all parking with jetways at once, and assign them to a bridge of the right length.

By this time the GSX control panel displayed some kind of exclude that I didn't understand. 

Please clarify this, it might be important.

I tried to close it and it required P3D to close first.  I closed P3D and then the control panel and then tried to restart P3D and it now hangs on the splash screen.

None of this can possibly be caused by the GSX Control Panel because:

- The GSX Control panel can't do *anything* if the simulator is not running.

- The GSX Control panel will only create an Exclude XML file, which it then compiles into an Exclude .BGL using the official compiler from the SDK.

So, the ONLY alteration the GSX Control Panel made to the simulator, is the addition of a new Exclude .BGL. Assuming this was the case, like something went wrong when compiling and you have a corrupted .BGL that *might* crash the sim on start, if you remove the affected .BGL from the Fsdreamteam\Exclude\Scenery folder manually, your simulator should be back in the same state AS IF you never used the Control Panel.

Hawk

Re: P3D V4.5 Stuck on splash screen After customizing Jetways with GSX
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 05:03:42 am »
Thanks.  That is what happened.  I’m back up and running now.