Author Topic: Potential GSX firewall issue after update?  (Read 3303 times)

austinwelch

Potential GSX firewall issue after update?
« on: November 01, 2018, 05:57:37 pm »
Hi folks,

I am a long-time GSX user and fan. After a recent update, I am having some issues and hope that you might be able to advise.

Upon downloading the installer to do the latest update (did a clean install) I am getting the message: "The couatl scripting engine hasn't started, usually caused by an antivirus" and so on.

I have tried everything with regard to the firewall.... both windows and mcafee, couatl.exe is now a trusted program... but still, no avail.

I also uninstalled the addon manager AND GSX and then re-installed both but it's still not working.

It had been working fine right up until I did my update this week (it was long overdue, but now the entire program won't work). FSX has no issues otherwise. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

RAY VLASEK

Re: Potential GSX firewall issue after update?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 06:01:25 pm »
Same with me,  Couatl and GSX not in menus but have Add on Manager

luuphulam123

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 04:58:28 am »
Same here as well. I tried to boarding then after few minutes, GSX stopped working then so the message regarding anti-virus. Never had it before :(((

Grand_Pubah

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 05:24:37 am »
Very same issue to the tee. P3D v4.3. What happened?
Keith (Grand_Pubah)

PC Specs:
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE
Intel i7 8700k 3.7ghz
G.Skill - Trident Z 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200
EVGA - GeForce RTX 2070 XC Ultra Gaming
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Build 18362.295

midostyle

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 11:44:17 am »
Same issue as well  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 04:01:41 pm »
We haven't updated Couatl in a while. The last update updated *only* the Addon Manager but, if you have it running, that cannot possibly the problem. Couatl.exe hasn't been touched.

So, the only possible reason why you see the Addon Manager but not Couatl.exe, is an update of your antivirus. As explained in all threads about the antivirus, you must add the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus exclusion list and, if you have a firewall, be sure you give permission to the FSDT Live Update to access the internet.

No, there's no need to disable the antivirus, but you MUST exclude the Addon Manager folder and be sure the Live Update can download in that folder, because if the antivirus/firewall is blocking some files and allowing others, it will result in a mismatch of files belonging to old and new versions, which will very likely cause the program failing to start.

If you had a Windows update recently, try a Live Update after a Windows restart.

cameron1081

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 04:19:01 pm »
I have done everything you have suggested and still not working. It was working fine yesterday, then I installed KJFK and all went south.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 04:54:50 pm »
I have done everything you have suggested and still not working. It was working fine yesterday, then I installed KJFK and all went south.

Nothing in the JFK installer could possibly cause this, since the JFK installer simply run the FSDT Live Update at the end, so it does exactly the same as if you would run the FSDT Live Update yourself so, of course, it requires the same antivirus configuration.

Please do it again, possibly after a Windows restart. Note that, we are releasing a new update today so, you might want to try again in the next 30 minutes or so.