Author Topic: GSX2 problems with jetways customization  (Read 3507 times)

Pilot148

GSX2 problems with jetways customization
« on: November 01, 2018, 12:18:16 pm »
I use GSX2 on Houston airport (FSDT, KIAH). On Gate E4 I add a second jetway
and it seems to be ok an works fine (see picture ....1 and 2). But after I "reset position"
from GSX menue jetways are not in the costumized position (looks like crossing, see picture ...3).
Please can anybody help or give an solution!

Thanks
Lothar

crauds

Re: GSX2 problems with jetways customization
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 06:03:01 pm »
I had the same issue at first but found that using "restart COUATL" reset the gates back to my configuration.  One time, however, I had to reset twice before I got it to appear correctly, but then it did.  Once you exit the editor the changes you made are permanently saved.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

Pilot148

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 11:40:48 am »
Thank you for the response. I did what you wrote but no success. So I reset the complete parking position and
customized this position again (with 2 jetways) and when I request departure after deboarding the truck
drive not in the position. I  restart couatl from the menu and yes the jetways where in the customized position.
I request for departure again and the jetways  now are three, don't know why (see attached picture).
I assume the "Customization jetways" editor works not correct and should be updated.

Regards
Lothar

Pilot148

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 02:02:28 pm »
Some remarks to my previous reply; after a look in the GSX .ini file from Houston KIAH gate e4 it seems there is no
obscurity in the jetway lines. So assuming the editor works correct. But in the system behind anything must be
wrong e.g. when prepare for pushback is called. Then the jetways will show discrepancies to the customization.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 03:57:33 pm »
Sorry, but I don't understand your last post. Please clarify.

Pilot148

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 04:22:56 pm »
Please read all my replys.
I add a second jetway on KIAH gate E4 and after I closed the editor changes looks correct at first and both jetways
works correct.
But when I request "prepare for pushback" by the GSX menu the jetways switch to three!!! (see the last picture).
That is what I mean something is wrong in the system behind. Then the jetways will not show not the customization
(see picture #1)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 04:53:05 pm »
But when I request "prepare for pushback" by the GSX menu the jetways switch to three!!! (see the last picture).

The screenshot you posted is too small, I cannot really recognize anything there.

Pilot148

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 06:18:03 pm »
Ok, I attached three pictures in better quality.
# 1 shows the customized two jetways after customization
# 2 shows jetways working after request deboarding from GSX menu but you can see three jetways
# 4 shows two jetways crossing after request push-back from GSX menu ( looks like not picture #1)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 06:22:20 pm »
Could you please post your .INI file ?

Pilot148

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 06:32:34 pm »
ok.

Pilot148

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2018, 09:27:37 pm »
Sorry, I attached the .ini file already in my previous reply!

Regards
Lothar
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 08:48:32 am by Pilot148 »

Pilot148

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 04:54:48 pm »
After couatl update Nov. 9th. (Bugfix: Jetways starting in the wrong orientation when customizing some FSDT airports that already had SODED jetways)
it seems the problems wit the customized jetways are not completely solved.
Again I'm use GSX L2 on Houston airport (FSDT, KIAH). On Gate E4 I add a second jetway
and it seems to be ok an works fine (see picture ....5). But after I "Reset Position"
from GSX menu jetways are now in the costumized position but when I use "operating jetways or deboarding two jetways comes out from the same source(see picture ...6) and the customized jetway no. 2 does nothing.
Assuming during "Reset Position" from gsx menu couatl will be restarted but the .ini file will not be reloaded.
I this case when I look in the "The Parkin customization page" the second jetway looks like not the customization one.
Sometimes the "Reset Couatl" (Panic Button) solve this problem but not always.
I also attached the actual .ini file.
Expect your recommeds.

Windows 10,  FSX

Thanks
Lothar

Pilot148

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 04:57:59 pm »
Here the actual .ini file.