Author Topic: Aircraft deletion  (Read 2230 times)

chumley

Aircraft deletion
« on: October 28, 2018, 06:48:44 am »
Is it possible to have a button GSX to clean out an intended parking place before my aircraft arrives?

I have just, for the first time, used the option of selecting a parking spot before I did the final approach i.e. <10,000 and <250knts and arrived at the bay with it occupied. Fortunayely there was another bay available but in some smaller airports this would not be the case.

Just a thought.

chumley

Re: Aircraft deletion
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 05:24:17 am »
This may have been missed ..... or thought to be irrelevant.

I'd like to know one way or the other.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 02:10:44 pm »
Every thread is always read and taken into account. The feature has been discussed so many times on the forum, and several users were opposed to it, because it's not realistic, almost like a cheat.

chumley

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 02:14:50 am »
Cheat  :D

In reality a pilot would know the gate before landing and it would be free of other aircraft.

If it did still happen to be occupied due to a slightly delayed departure the pilot would be advised of the delay or a new gate would be automatically assigned.

If a gate is selected using the less than 10,000 and 250 knot rule it wouldn't be unrealistic for GSX to remove the plane at that gate before it comes into view and free it up.

Just my opinion but I'll find another way.

pete_auau

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 09:13:27 am »
Cheat  :D

In reality a pilot would know the gate before landing and it would be free of other aircraft.

If it did still happen to be occupied due to a slightly delayed departure the pilot would be advised of the delay or a new gate would be automatically assigned.

If a gate is selected using the less than 10,000 and 250 knot rule it wouldn't be unrealistic for GSX to remove the plane at that gate before it comes into view and free it up.

Just my opinion but I'll find another way.

iam  sure  if  your  using  a  atc  program  like  pf3   it  will  remove   the  aircraft  form  your  gate  since you  can  assign  your  gate  before  you  take  off  etc,  not  sure   about the others  though