Author Topic: GSX problems  (Read 4604 times)

Aviation_nerd

GSX problems
« on: October 27, 2018, 12:12:30 am »
Hello, Lately I have been having some issues with GSX. The first issue I've been having lately was whenever I would try to pull up the GSX menu to get the ground services, My sim would just suddenly stop responding and crash. I then tried an uninstall/reinstall and i'm having similar issues. However, this time when I try to pull up the GSX menu, my sim just shuts down and crashes and I get no error message. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling again and same issues. I'm not sure what else could be the possible problem. Any help to resolve this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Christopher
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 06:51:10 pm by Aviation_nerd »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX problems
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 11:45:10 pm »
It's not possible that GSX alone could crash the sim.

GSX runs entirely externally of the sim, under the Couatl.exe interpreter so, by definition, and external .exe doesn't have the means to crash the simulator, since it doesn't have any access to its process.

What *might* happen, instead, is that a wrong graphic setting or tweak, either in the driver on in the simulator, might cause a crash of the sim when a GSX object is created. The object of course it 100% fine but, it's possible some bad driver/sim tweak might result in the sim crashing when creating what is an otherwise totally 100% standard object.

You don't say which simulator you use, which can be very important in this case.

Aviation_nerd

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 02:01:13 am »
Sorry I thought I had mentioned the sim I use. I am using P3D V4. and this has been happening the past few days where if I hit the key to open up the GSX menu, the sim either just suddenly stops responding, or my sim will just shut down with no error message and i've tried reinstalling it and everything and the same thing happens every time. I have not set up any tweaks or anything of the sort to my sim either and the problem happens.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 03:48:23 pm »
Try to set the "Disable RTT" option and see if there's any difference. If it fixes your problem, you likely have a video driver setting problem.

Aviation_nerd

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 08:25:26 pm »
Where would I find the Disable RTT option? and I wouldn't think i'd have a video driver problem. I have an up to date GPU which is the 1070 which I had purchased on release day. I do not mess with any of the settings with regards to my video driver. I know for a fact my settings with my video driver are the same and never changed and never been messed with.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 09:41:11 pm »
Where would I find the Disable RTT option?

In the Addon Manager menu. You'll have to restart the sim to make the change effective.

and I wouldn't think i'd have a video driver problem.

That's why I asked to disable RTT, precisely for the reason to see if you DO have a video driver or video driver settings problem.

Aviation_nerd

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 10:00:29 pm »
Alright, I went into the sim and disabled the RTT in the addon manager I restarted the sim and it is still closing out when I try to activate GSX.

Aviation_nerd

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 10:28:39 pm »
i'm wondering if another possible reason my sim just closes when trying to run GSX is if because the hard drive I have the sim and most of my addon installed on is low on space? if that is the case, I do have plans to upgrade my hard drives in the future.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 11:05:48 pm »
i'm wondering if another possible reason my sim just closes when trying to run GSX is if because the hard drive I have the sim and most of my addon installed on is low on space? if that is the case, I do have plans to upgrade my hard drives in the future.

That's possible, when an app needs more memory than what is physically available, it will try to increase the swap file on the hard drive but, if there's not enough space, the program will crash due to an out of memory.

Yes, even if P3D4 have an almost unlimited memory space, that's still limited by the amount of physical ram + swap file.

Aviation_nerd

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 11:39:54 pm »
alright. I do have plans to upgrade my hard drives a bit in the future and hopefully that helps resolve the problem.

Aviation_nerd

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 01:31:07 am »
So i've gone into my hard drives and have made some space then I uninstalled, and reinstalled GSX and the problem is still happening. Every time I try to pull up the GSX menu my simulator just closes down with no error messages or anything. I can't think of anything else that might be causing the problem of it not working as it should.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 02:18:23 pm »
I'm sorry but, I cannot replicate this, and you are the first that ever reported this.

Aviation_nerd

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 07:34:19 pm »
I'm not sure what might be causing the problem of the sim just closing down whenever I try to open up the GSX box even after deleting some things off my hard drive and reinstalling it.  I don't  really know what else can be done to try and resolve it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 10:02:30 am »
As I've said, I cannot replicate this, and you are the first that ever reported this. And there are no reasons why the sim would crash, other than the usual antivirus interference.

Be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning, and reinstall GSX.