Author Topic: GSX2: Trial Version = duplicate gates?  (Read 1594 times)

crauds

GSX2: Trial Version = duplicate gates?
« on: October 26, 2018, 08:25:41 pm »
I finally installed the latest update for FSX SP2 with the GSX2 trial.  I read the new manual that specified LIML as one of the workable default airports.  Positioned a defaul 737 at gate 2.  All the FSX original gates still appeared as normal, but, as manual specified, CTL-J did not activate the jetway.  So I used GSX airport position edit to specify 1-jetway at GATE 2 position.  And yes it now will activate but it is not connected to the terminal and the old "default fsx" jetway still appears!  See my attached image.  What am I doing wrong here?  As is this is a mess rather than an improvement for me.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX2: Trial Version = duplicate gates?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 10:06:04 pm »
the old "default fsx" jetway still appears!  See my attached image.  What am I doing wrong here?  As is this is a mess rather than an improvement for me.

Well, of course this is not normal. Do you really believe it was supposed to look like that ? What is supposed to happen is:

- Your default models should have been disabled

- The new jetways should appear in the *exact* same location as the original ones, without having to edit anything

This is what is supposed to happen, and it surely happens to everybody, on a normal installation. Something must have gone wrong during the installation, since you still see the default jetways. Open the GSX Control Panel when the sim is closed, and check if it says the default jetways have been disabled. If they aren't, click on the button to disable them.

This can also possibly caused by a problem with your FSX registry, pointing to the wrong folder (a mess up between FSX and FSX:SE, perhaps )