Author Topic: Cause of errors in sceneries  (Read 3840 times)

christiaan

Cause of errors in sceneries
« on: June 19, 2009, 04:29:46 pm »
When I download a new scenery I always wait a couple of days in case there are alterations.

A while back I downloaded one of the DreamTeam sceneries as soon as it came out and found that my FS9 would not load.

Thanks to the forums I found that I was not alone.

The fault was very quickly rectified by DreamTeam.but it gave me a few frightening moments.

I have now read a few of the questions on the KFLL & other forums and they point out a few scenery faults, like launch pads, wrong gate numbers etc.

I have a feeling that Dreamteam are pressured in releasing a scenery too quickly, due to the demands of their customers, and therefore not checking the scenery for mistakes before release.

Other Scenery designers, as far as I am aware, have fewer faults on release.

Amongst others I have Simmers Sky Overland Sceneries and their updates are usually extra scenery files (buildings, bridges) etc. like Seoel Incheon which is fantastic without any noticeable faults.

I have all of Dreamteams sceneries but I will wait another couple of days before I decide to install KFLL.

Maybe in the future we should be a little more patient towards the DreamTeam scenery makers.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 04:33:01 pm by henry »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Cause of errors in sceneries
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 05:52:37 pm »
Henry, the launch pad was me. I was just being facetious about the build up at the ends of 9L and 27R. Thanks to someone else posting on this, it is like that in real life and its called EMAS. Aside from the one gate that was numbered in the paint incorrectly, that is the only fault I have found in the scenery. It's really good and if you d/l it already I would install it and start using it.

The only thing I have done is change the AFCAD/ADE to reflect some of the ariline codes that were missing for some carriers. No big deal.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 07:40:44 pm »
I have now read a few of the questions on the KFLL & other forums and they point out a few scenery faults, like launch pads, wrong gate numbers etc.

I'd say that the situation is exactly the opposite: judging from the number of posts and problems reported, I think KFLL has been a very smooth release, expecially in FSX.

The FS9 has a crashing issue, which we identified (thanks to an email of a forum user that we'll credit in due time) as being a very well known FS9 bug, which should be fixable.

christiaan

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 09:22:12 pm »
Thanks for your replies, as I only have FS9 installed at the moment I will wait with installing until the "crash"

issue has been solved.