Author Topic: new jetway in wrong place  (Read 3045 times)

TRIGGER2010

new jetway in wrong place
« on: October 23, 2018, 09:34:10 am »
hi anyone able to help with this i got the old jetway there and now the new one but the new one in the wrong place and the old one is not been deleted i have followed the video but still cant work out whats wrong
thanks
martin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: new jetway in wrong place
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 10:58:40 am »
Not all jetways can be excluded. If they are modeled as part of the terminal, they cannot be excluded.

TRIGGER2010

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 11:10:49 pm »
everyone is asking how to  fix the problem and giving up on how to do it and reverting back to aerosoft version could you ask maybe they should make a list of working airports otherwise everyone going to have addons and there now not usable as we try to install the airgate   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 11:45:36 pm »
everyone is asking how to  fix the problem and giving up on how to do it and reverting back to aerosoft version could you ask maybe they should make a list of working airports otherwise everyone going to have addons and there now not usable as we try to install the airgate

I'm not sure I'm following you. Who is "they" which should make a list of working airports ? I hope you don't expect us to check hundreds of addons airports how they made their jetways.

As explained so many times on the forum, and of course on the manual too, in order to replace a jetway on a 3rd party airport, it must:

- Be made using the standard CTRL+J method

AND

- Modeled separately from the terminal. ALL jetways animated with CTRL+J ARE surely modeled separately, since there's no way to make them otherwise.

The problem might happen only with static jetways, which *might* be modeled separately or not, depending on the developer's preference.

And, even if it's not the easiest thing to do, it also possible to remove static jetways embedded in a terminal, but this is made with an entirely different method, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19375.msg134351.html#msg134351

TRIGGER2010

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 12:42:53 pm »
second airport fail really dont get why you got this product out doesn't work for any of the addons the jetway hasn't been replace and now got passengers fallen out the end of the bridge

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 02:05:21 pm »
second airport fail

It's not obviously possible to help you without knowing:

- How this airport is made. How that jetway is made, specifically.

- How you made the exclusion

[quite] really dont get why you got this product out doesn't work [/quote]

The product obviously works, and if you go in the sharing are of this forum, there are PLENTY of files made by users so, it clearly works, when used correctly.

now got passengers fallen out the end of the bridge

Passengers surely doesn't fall off anything, if you use a GSX bridge.

TRIGGER2010

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 03:16:10 pm »
the first one is fsdg cape town i followed the video of how to install on the youtube site
is there a way to on this product they got sode so is there a way to use the jetway on this airport without adding on the gsx as if you put no jetway then it doesn't give you the option to move it on he gsx menu  and ill tryed shift j and ctr s and still no joy
and the other product is RFscenerybuilding turin followed the video and again still the same

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 04:25:27 pm »
the first one is fsdg cape town i followed the video of how to install on the youtube site

Not sure what video you are referring to but, checking that scenery developer's page, it says "compatible with SODE jetways". If that means it comes with SODE jetways, it means it cannot normally be customized by GSX.

Of course, this is both explained on the manual, and has been already discussed many times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19392.msg134501.html#msg134501

the other product is RFscenerybuilding turin followed the video and again still the same

It's not very clear if this airport has SODE jetways. Assuming it doesn't (I cannot find anything in the description on Simmarket), there are no reasons why you cannot exclude jetways, unless they made them static and embedded in the terminal.