Author Topic: Fixes that I have found  (Read 2379 times)

Pauldh

Fixes that I have found
« on: October 10, 2018, 07:17:37 pm »
For me, The script error only happens at an airport where I made an error in changing a jet way. Removing the INI file that GSX made, solved the problem and I was able to go there and start over. I have Orbx, go to the Airport Elevation Corrections and enter the airport where you have floating People and Jet ways. Fixed it every time! Reinstalling the update today fixed the Addon Manager problem that occurred yesterday. I know there are issues with GSX level 2, but there were issues with the first GSX and over time you fixed nearly every one . Great products and great value. Patience and a great GSX staff is a simmers best friend right now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fixes that I have found
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 12:45:45 pm »
Have you run the latest Live Update ?

It's *supposed* to recognize airport correction .BGLs so, you might not have to disable them in the OrbX AEC utility anymore. Note that, you might have to do a "Restart and Rebuild the Airport cache" from the Couatl menu after you re-enabled the correction in AEC.

Pauldh

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 04:14:41 pm »
 I assumed that reinstalling the old update in order to fix the Addon Manager problem would take away the other fixes that were in included. I do know that after fixing the Addon Manager, the elevation problem was still there. Has that been fixed also? Do I need to do the updater again? No problem.  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 04:20:36 pm »
I assumed that reinstalling the old update in order to fix the Addon Manager problem

What "Addon Manager problem" ? The one that didn't run in Windows 7 ? This has been fixed already, of course.

Pauldh

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 05:14:15 pm »
Sorry, I am confusing you. It is Windows 7. The updater of 2 or 3 days ago removed the Addon Manager as well as GSX from showing up on FSX.  Running the updater yesterday fixed that. GSX now works perfect but on my system the elevation problem still exists. You say that has been fixed, so do I need to run the update again? One other thing, once elevation issues are resolved, Do I need to return to Orbx Vector and restore Org. Elevations? This Level 2 program is amazing, I can' imagine how much work it took!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 05:18:12 pm »
GSX now works perfect but on my system the elevation problem still exists

Try to do a "Restart and Rebuild airport cache" from the Couatl menu *after* you re-enabled the altitude correction with the AEC utilithy.