Author Topic: No flight simulator found on installation  (Read 1637 times)

Christoph

No flight simulator found on installation
« on: October 09, 2018, 11:07:12 pm »
Hello,

when installing GSX, no installed flight simulator is found. I read elsewhere that this problem occurs if a wrong sim version is installed, or if there is a problem with the registry keys of the sim. But the sim is prepar3d v4.3, downloaded and installed two days ago, with no other flight simulator installed in parallel or before. Surely prepar3d v4 should be supported, and other add-ons found the simulator, even the included sode add-on did.

If it is a problem with the registry keys, maybe someone can tell what keys GSX is looking for, so that I can correct them?

Regards
  Christoph

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No flight simulator found on installation
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 11:38:53 pm »
GSX looks the standard registry keys here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\AppPath

Christoph

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 07:02:21 pm »
Thank you very much, creating that registry entry helped. Probably the problem was that GSX looked for that key in the administrator's HKEY_CURRENT_USER entries, but I had installed Prepar3D with a normal user account.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 12:49:57 pm »
Thank you very much, creating that registry entry helped. Probably the problem was that GSX looked for that key in the administrator's HKEY_CURRENT_USER entries, but I had installed Prepar3D with a normal user account.

There's no such thing as an "administrator's HKEY_CURRENT_USER" entry.

GSX IS correctly using the normal user account key, which is located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, that's what HKEY_CURRENT_USER means: the registry of a normal user account.

The "administator" key is under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4, but GSX doesn't look for it because, normally, a default P3D4 install creates *both* keys, the admin and the user one.

So, the real problem was that, for some reason, your install was missing of the normal account user key.