Author Topic: SODE not working at KSLC in P3d V4.3  (Read 2632 times)

glc100o

SODE not working at KSLC in P3d V4.3
« on: October 11, 2018, 02:28:38 am »
Hello,
I upgraded to GSX Level 2, and went to several  random default P3d airports and found the new SODE gates and all is working fine. However at KSLC default airport, it looks like there may be a mix of default jetways and SODE jetways, sometimes side by side. Whenever I try to activate a SODE jetway, it  says not available. Sometimes a SODE jetway is adjacent to what looks like a default jetway and my plane is  stuck in the default jetway.  The gate editor references APX18170.bgl. in P3d. I have not  installed any scenery at KSLC in P3d, but did install PACSIM KSLC in FSX, before I bought P3d. PACSIM has a special P3dV4 version for KSLC, which again I have not installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE not working at KSLC in P3d V4.3
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 11:15:04 am »
It's not clear if with "SODE jetways" you mean SODE jetways that came with a scenery, or SODE jetways which comes with GSX that have been automatically replaced by GSX.

If they are not GSX-created SODE jetways, perhaps you have a SODE XML file in the C:\ProgramData\12bpilot\SODE\XML folder which came with a scenery you installed and removed, so they mix up.

And, it's very strange you say you see "default" sceneries mixed with SODE jetways only on THIS airport, considering you said default jetways have been disabled everywhere else. It's not possible to selectively disable default jetways, because they use only *one* model.

If that model is disabled, and it surely is, otherwise you would see double jetways everywhere, there's no way it can appear anywhere.

So, the only possible explanation is that you have another scenery in conflict for that airport, which uses jetways that looks like the default ones, but they aren't.

glc100o

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 06:10:32 pm »
Absolutely brilliant! I found the file exactly where you said it would be and disabled it and now the GSX SODE jetways are there, operate perfectly and the old default gates are gone. I would never have figured this out on my own. it turns out that last year I purchased P3d but had major issues with my controllers and gave up and got a refund. When I installed the PACSIM scenery it must have also gone into P3D and I did not know about it. I decided to retry P3d, and this is how the mixup of jetways  occurred at KSLC.

Thanks so much! FSDT gives great support!

Greg

w6kd

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 06:13:57 pm »
I think REX Worldwide Airports HD included a buffed-up version of KSLC...could that be it?

Regards

Bob Scott