Author Topic: Cargo Loader/Unloader takes wrong way  (Read 2220 times)

romair

Cargo Loader/Unloader takes wrong way
« on: October 11, 2018, 07:30:58 am »
Hello experts

I recognized at the new P3D v4.3 Madrid LEMD airport after switching off the engines and calling deboarding
that the loader/unloader truck comes from the left side and drives through the fuselage to the right side.
Finally they stay correct at the cargo doors and works.

What could be wrong. I had the same on some other airports.

Hope for help.  regards Roger

Artox67

Re: Cargo Loader/Unloader takes wrong way
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 08:16:22 am »
Same here. Even if the loader placed on the right side of the plane they will drive around the plane end after reaching the cargo door from the wrong side they will turn around.

Reset Airplane doesn't solve this behavior.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 09:50:50 am »
When vehicles do what seems strange paths to approach the airplane, the solution is to change their starting location to better suit the scenery. That's why the parking customization allows to do this in the first place.

Artox67

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 10:53:33 am »
This happen on all airports doesn't matter  I had changed the positions of the loader or not. This also just happend with deboarding.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 11:06:53 am »
This happen on all airports doesn't matter  I had changed the positions of the loader or not. This also just happend with deboarding.

So it's a problem of the airplane configuration you are using.

If you use only the right cargo doors, they must be cargo 1 and cargo 2, and will be used only by loaders that (by default), starts on the right side of the parking, which can of course customize (but not place them on the left side of the parking...)

If you use a main cargo door on the left as well,  it must be the "cargo main" on the airplane editor, and it will used by a "cargo main" loader that starts on the left side of the parking, which you can customize as well.

If you use a plane with a cargo door on the right another on the left (but not a main door), like a CRJ, the one of the left should be cargo 2, and it will be used by a loader that starts from the right, will turn around the tail and will reach the door on the left.

In all cases, be sure the door are configured properly, including their orientation, which is the green arrow on the airplane editor, that MUST point in the OUTSIDE direction.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:16:53 pm by virtuali »

romair

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 05:15:19 pm »
Hello Umberto

Thanks for your response.

I made additional trials on different airport (LIMC - LEBL und again LEMD.
I can confirm that now the loader goes from the right side on all airports.

I think that in LEBL on mentioned on my post there was an exeptional fault.

thanks and  regards Roger