Author Topic: GSX 1, 2 and Add-on Manger not working for P3D v4  (Read 1726 times)

warlord13f

GSX 1, 2 and Add-on Manger not working for P3D v4
« on: October 10, 2018, 01:03:11 am »
Ever since I ran the live update today (9 OCT 18) and loaded up P3D, everything is fine with no errors. As soon I click on the add-on tab, there is no add-on manager nor the GSX menu. I reinstalled GSX 1 and 2, I ran the live update and just in case I also ran the couatl update. Still, nothing shows up. Your products are awesome, it is just annoying trying to figure out what is wrong. I do not get any error reports or crashes. The Couatl runs in the background.

V/R

Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX 1, 2 and Add-on Manger not working for P3D v4
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 01:29:02 am »
That's likely the antivirus fault that, just because we updated Couatl.exe, is mistakenly assuming it might be a threat.

- Restart Windows

- Configure the Antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager from scanning.

- Run the Live Update again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 01:36:44 am »
The Couatl runs in the background.

You mean AFTER you closed the sim ? That's not normal, and it's surely what is causing the problem. Maybe you started the update too quickly after closing the sim, not giving it enough time to stop all the started executables.

Either terminate Couatl.exe from the Task manager, and do the Live Update again, or restart Windows (better).

warlord13f

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 02:08:49 am »
I will try both ways. Thanks for the response