Author Topic: Pmdg pushback shaking  (Read 6758 times)

doublebubble

Pmdg pushback shaking
« on: October 10, 2018, 12:47:02 am »
Hi, just wondering if there is a fix for the shaking that happens during pushback with the pmdg747?

Regards Rod

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pmdg pushback shaking
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 01:33:20 am »
See here why only PMDG can fix it, and they had all the required information from us to do it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17264.msg121514.html#msg121514

doublebubble

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 05:37:47 am »
Thanks for the link Umberto,  we sit in hope.

Regards Rod.

NMahinK

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 08:33:19 am »
I got this response from one of their support team from the ticket email

"We provide an SDK which can be used to simulate proper push back behavior. It's up to the 3rd party developer to use it  to properly interact."

doublebubble

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 09:49:56 am »
Mmmm, don't wanna start a he said she said, sort of go a similar response to a post placed on the other forum, just had a push back 747-8 from wsss, it terrible, nearly shook my teeth out.

Regards Rod.

NMahinK

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 10:20:07 am »
I just don't understand why the shaking only occurs on the PMDG 777s and 747s, this issue isn't present in the NGX

ashun

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 10:56:32 am »
If you have rudder foot brake pedal, apply gentle pressure and release it immediately. The shaking will stop.

NMahinK

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 12:12:14 pm »
If you have rudder foot brake pedal, apply gentle pressure and release it immediately. The shaking will stop.

That didn't work, although I did find a little work around, I noticed if I kept the parking brake on during pushback, the vibrations stopped, but this is unrealistic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 12:33:53 pm »
"We provide an SDK which can be used to simulate proper push back behavior. It's up to the 3rd party developer to use it  to properly interact."

Well, we might just say the same about GSX.

We do provide documentation for 3rd party developers to prevent issues with GSX pushback, and it's up to them to use it and properly interact with it, to prevent problems that only customers of their airplane are experiencing, that doesn't happen with any other airplane, either because it doesn't have this (whatever it is) system that is causing this, or because the airplane developer did the right thing, and used the GSX documentation, which clearly explains how to prevent it.

Instead, the PMDG SDK mostly covers ways to trigger all switches in the cockpit, and ways to read the CDU content. I couldn't find anything in it that seems to be related to pushback, and not even an explanation of what might causing this.

An helpful reply from PMDG would have been something like this:

"Yes, it happens because the airplane simulates the auto-steering-computer (I'm making this up!!), which everybody knows must be turned off before pushback so, it's enough they turn it off when pushback starts, and it will be fixed".

If they said so, we might have used some command in their SDK to turn off that thing, something that you could probably do it yourself as well, since all custom events in their SDK are related to some switch you can operate in the cockpit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 12:37:53 pm »
I just don't understand why the shaking only occurs on the PMDG 777s and 747s, this issue isn't present in the NGX

Because whatever custom PMDG-made system simulation is causing this on the 777/747, is not there on the 737. If they said *what* is this, we might at least try to see if it was possible to turn it off using their SDK.

sw34669

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 01:51:05 pm »
Unlike Umberto, PMDG have a strange approach to fixing stuff like this sometimes !
Might be an idea to pester them again on their forum to help FSDT resolve it

NMahinK

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 08:05:40 am »
I got this response from one of the teams at pmdg

"The issue needs to be addressed by the GSX Development team by using the SDK we provide to all developers to interact with our software.  All other add on software and hardware developers use this without issue so I'm not sure why the GSX Team has chosen not to do so."

NMahinK

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 08:51:15 am »
Here's another response I also received in regards to the 777s, 747s, and NGX

"They are completely different systems  with different code in each plane."

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 04:21:34 pm »
Here's another response I also received in regards to the 777s, 747s, and NGX

"They are completely different systems  with different code in each plane."

They still haven't answered WHAT is this unique system that needs to be turned off during pushback, using their SDK, as they suggested in the previous reply.

kennymac825

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2018, 03:24:13 am »
I have to say I have PMDG 737, 747 and 777 that are the only aircraft I fly and have never encountered this problem. Just saying. Very curious.