Author Topic: GSX Level 2  (Read 11401 times)

Monty1

Re: GSX Level 2
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 01:42:32 pm »

Installed the latest update but it made no difference. Still no menu showing at trial airports. In fact it has made things worse as I now cannot get the drop down menu at other (non trial) default FSX airports, when I could before the update.

Also, all add-on menu's below VistaMare are missing as shown in the attachment.

I guess this means downloading the full installer and doing a clean install.......again.
Windows 7 Home 64bit
Crucial 525GB MX300 2.5-inch SSD
2TB Master Hard Drive
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 04:20:49 pm »
I just had a Teamviewer session with an affected user and yes, I don't know why the Addon Manager didn't start on his system. He was using Windows 7, are you using Windows 7 too ? Maybe there's something in the new version that might have broken Windows 7 compatibility somehow (although it wasn't done intentionally).

I restored the previous version on Live Update so, if you run it again, it should download the previous version of the dll, which should work on every system. I'll try to understand what the problem is, but in the meantime, you should be good to go.

Monty1

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 05:54:51 pm »
My signature clearly shows my operating system and spec.

I restored to default jetways thinking that might help. Still no good.

I uninstalled GSX/Level 2 trial completely and restarted Windows 7. Run FSX, still no drop down menu.

Whatever has happened, something has screwed things up for FSX since installing GSX/Level 2 trial, as old saved default flights and new default flights will not now show the menu for deboarding etc etc.

I have now added FSX to my antivirus exclusions. I have just download the GSX/level 2 full installer, so will turn off the antivirus and install. Not holding out much hope though.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:56:31 pm by Monty1 »
Windows 7 Home 64bit
2TB Master Hard Drive
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP5

Monty1

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 06:19:11 pm »
Success  :)

This is default FSX Munich with level 2 trial. Yet to test the other two trial airports, which I'll do tomorrow. But so far all looks good including saved default and new flights, as well as all add-on manager titles now showing . (fingers crossed)

Windows 7 Home 64bit
2TB Master Hard Drive

Monty1

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2018, 11:39:10 am »
Have now tested all trial airports and all is working fine as far as I can tell. Great affect with the people boarding and de-boarding but I found it takes far too long. I don't know if this is something that can be configured in the purchased product. Some of the people made me laugh as some looked like they either had a disability or had got taken short!  ;D

The passenger affect is good but in reality they would all be boarding and de-boarding on the stairs nose to tail and not spread out like a Sunday stroll, which is maybe why the process takes so long.

It would also be more realistic if at least two buses to transport passengers turned up instead of one at a time, as the amount of passengers boarding the one bus makes it look like the Tardis  :)

I assume the new jetways with glass side panels to show passengers boarding/de-boarding is something that can be configured with the full product as this feature did not show at the trial airports, or I just didn't choose the correct jetway.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good product and one I will be buying, but for me it just needs a few tweaks here and there which will hopefully come with future updates.  

Nice work.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 11:42:42 am by Monty1 »
Windows 7 Home 64bit
2TB Master Hard Drive

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 12:36:49 pm »
Great affect with the people boarding and de-boarding but I found it takes far too long. I don't know if this is something that can be configured in the purchased product.

The "Passenger Density Slider" in the GSX settings, of course...

I assume the new jetways with glass side panels to show passengers boarding/de-boarding is something that can be configured with the full product as this feature did not show at the trial airports, or I just didn't choose the correct jetway.

You can customize everything when you are on a Trial airport. Just be sure you choose a Crystal jetway mode.

Monty1

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 01:24:56 pm »
Sorted out the passenger numbers by setting to 'Very Dense' which now looks more realistic. Whether it will speed up the process only time will tell.

I cannot see any information in the menu/jetway request info on how to get the crystal jetway to show at any of the trial airports. I choose a jetway handling operator and confirm, and away it goes. I don't see any other option to choose a Crystal jetway. I expect I am missing something somewhere.

The attachments are at San Francisco - KSFO level 2 trial airport with the menus at various stages. No mention of being able to choose a Crystal jetway.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 04:30:53 pm by Monty1 »
Windows 7 Home 64bit
2TB Master Hard Drive

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 04:26:16 pm »
Sorted out the passenger numbers by setting to 'Very Dense' which now looks more realistic. Whether it will speed up the process only time will tell.

Of course it will. Double the passenger density results in half boarding time.

I cannot see any information in the menu/jetway request info on how to get the crystal jetway to show at any of the trial airports. I choose a jetway handling operator and confirm, and away it goes. I don't see any other option to choose a Crystal jetway. I expect I am missing something somewhere.

I really suggest reading the manual. You don't get to choose a jeway when using GSX ( it would be very annoying and unrealistic if you could change the jetway model at each usage ). Instead, you must customize the parking position to select a model for that parking, which will be saved for subsequent use.

Monty1

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2018, 04:47:23 pm »
In an earlier post you said "You can customize everything when you are on a Trial airport. Just be sure you choose a Crystal jetway mode."

Really, how?

And yes, I have looked at the manual and it's as clear as mud to me. All I want to see at the moment is how the Crystal jetway looks at one of the trial airports.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:01:43 pm by virtuali »
Windows 7 Home 64bit
2TB Master Hard Drive

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2018, 05:01:49 pm »
Really, how?

As explained on the manual, of course.

And yes, I have looked at the manual and it's as clear as mud to me. All I want to see at the moment is how the Crystal jetway looks at one of the trial airports.

The manual is pretty clear. And of course, we posted TWO video tutorials about this, in this very section of the forum as sticky thread, impossible to miss:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18372.0.html

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19171.0.html

Monty1

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2018, 05:33:17 pm »
No video or tutorials showing via the links provided.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:41:14 pm by virtuali »
Windows 7 Home 64bit
2TB Master Hard Drive

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2018, 09:47:59 pm »
No video or tutorials showing via the links provided.

Both links show up just fine and the first tutorial has already being seen by more than 15.000 people, the 2nd by more than 2000. And their forum thread has 10 pages of replies, with nobody saying "the links don't work", because they obviously do.

Your screenshot only shows YOU cannot see those links on YOUR system, maybe you have something that is blocking it (an ad-blocker maybe ?)

See the attached screenshot how the forum page is supposed to look like. While you figure out what is mistakenly blocking a normally working youtube link on your system, here's the link, posted in URL form instead of a YouTube link, which your system seems to block for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nBuLagtCW8&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpt-K1nWy8g&feature=youtu.be

Monty1

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2018, 08:36:15 am »
Yep, you are correct. It must be something blocking the links on my main PC as they clearly all show up on my iPad.

You seem a bit touchy Umberto for some reason. I wasn't making any accusations about the links, just that for whatever reason they weren't showing on my system. Now I know why I will go ahead and check them out. Thank you
Windows 7 Home 64bit
2TB Master Hard Drive

Monty1

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2018, 06:05:05 pm »

Gate 78 at San Francisco default FSX airport with trial level 2 - Default 747-400

Marshaller at gate is missing above knees. See the red tips of his direction battens occasionally waving but that's about all.

Windows 7 Home 64bit
2TB Master Hard Drive

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2018, 11:45:52 am »
Marshaller at gate is missing above knees. See the red tips of his direction battens occasionally waving but that's about all.

The marshaller is not missing anything. It's just covered by the building. GSX doesn't know anything about the airport actual structures so, it's up to you to configure both the marshaller position ( the "Parking System" in the parking configuration page ) and the airplane Stop Position as well.