Author Topic: Jetways partailly disappear when operated  (Read 1464 times)

IBOMiles

Jetways partailly disappear when operated
« on: October 07, 2018, 06:26:59 am »
I have GSX Lvl 2 installed for P3Dv4 - works perfectly.

I just installed GSX for the 3rd time in FSX to get the jetways to function properly.  No luck.  I have only default scenery (no 3rd party stuff).  When I load FSX at any airport with jetways, everything shows up as it should.  But...... when I activate the jetway to dock with the aircraft, things vanish - underframe and wheels, jetway enclosure just disappear.  The only thing left is the battery charger and the airline ad billboard.  This only happens when the time of day is "Day".  Animation works but most of the jetway's image is invisible.  Why am I getting this in FSX and not P3dv4?

No disappearing happens when the time of day is "Dawn", "Dusk", or "Night".   

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 05:32:15 am by IBOMiles »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways partailly disappear when operated
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 01:25:02 pm »
Seems to be a video settings/tweak problem, which affects only day textures.

- Reset your video driver to default

- If that doesn't work, try to delete your FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else, if you use FSX.

- If that doesn't work, be sure you are not running the sim or any of the addons that starts with it in Compatibility mode.

After resetting the FSX.CFG, you must reinstall GSX, otherwise it won't find its own Simobjects, because the FSX.CFG must be edited by the GSX installer.