Author Topic: GSX/2 Realism question  (Read 1662 times)

Risky

GSX/2 Realism question
« on: October 08, 2018, 05:18:02 pm »
GSX/2 is working out pretty well with no major issues.....but

I normally fly the default 737-800 and allow GSX/2 to estimate # passengers which comes in at 104 where seating depending on 1/2 class is around 120-175. I can live with 104 but I would expect more than 24 bags being loaded in the belly of the plane. 1 trip by 2 baggage trains isn't realistic. And if that weren't bad enough, on non jetway airports I fly to 104 passengers de-board the aircraft as they should by provided stair and file into 1 passenger bus.  Really?  1 bus 104 passengers? It looks like a clown car!   Is it possible to add additional luggage trips based on passenger count and bus transportation that is a little more realistic?

I realize you can only do what you can do to satisfy the masses.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX/2 Realism question
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 07:05:54 pm »
I can live with 104 but I would expect more than 24 bags being loaded in the belly of the plane. 1 trip by 2 baggage trains isn't realistic.

This is basically a leftover when GSX didn't had passengers, and we assumed most users wouldn't want to stare for 20 minutes at luggage.

And if that weren't bad enough, on non jetway airports I fly to 104 passengers de-board the aircraft as they should by provided stair and file into 1 passenger bus. 

That's an entirely different issue, and it has been already taken care of. If you enable the "Multiple Trips" option, the Passenger Bus will only carry up to its maximum real world capacity, which is 90 passengers for the largest one.

Risky

Re: GSX/2 Realism question
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 11:43:13 pm »
Thanks for the response.

I guess I'm the oddball.  It normally takes 20 min, or more to load bags in the real world I know cause I used to do it. 1-2 ground guys and typically 1-2 in the belly. While its being done passengers load and pilots go through pre-flight checks, So 20 min isn't much. Plus passengers normally take 20+ to load.   On that note...any reason the passenger greetings cant coincide with time of day?  All mixed morning, afternoon  and evening greetings are all said on the same flight as well as rapid fire.  Just a thought.

Thanks for the tip on "Multiple Trips"  from the way the option was placed on the screen, I mistook it for fueling.  I will try it out.

Keep up the good work!!! Much appreciated!