Author Topic: Suggestion GSX2  (Read 2588 times)

Kosta

Suggestion GSX2
« on: October 04, 2018, 09:41:59 pm »
Hello,

bought the GSX2. Loaded sim, working great.
First I was seeing a single pax loading, then pushed the slider to max.

And here are my first thoughts:
Having the slider at anything less than max is unrealistic - when a bus arrives at the aircraft, first thing what ~50 people do is EXIT the bus. So with the slider at max, that is looking fine.
But, when they start entering the aircraft, what usually happens is they congest on the stairs and in front of the stairs, as you can't load 50-100 pax at once, so the aircraft-entry is "limited" to a specific number of pax/minute.
The speed of pax entering the aircraft is more realistic when the slider is lower.

So, what I'm suggesting is that you let pax exit the bus fast, make them congest on the stairs and in front of the stairs, make a 2nd slider which regulates how quickly people are boarding really.

Should be possible, right?

Regards, Kosta

trisho0

Re: Suggestion GSX2
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 12:33:02 am »
Hello,

bought the GSX2. Loaded sim, working great.
First I was seeing a single pax loading, then pushed the slider to max.

And here are my first thoughts:
Having the slider at anything less than max is unrealistic - when a bus arrives at the aircraft, first thing what ~50 people do is EXIT the bus. So with the slider at max, that is looking fine.
But, when they start entering the aircraft, what usually happens is they congest on the stairs and in front of the stairs, as you can't load 50-100 pax at once, so the aircraft-entry is "limited" to a specific number of pax/minute.
The speed of pax entering the aircraft is more realistic when the slider is lower.

So, what I'm suggesting is that you let pax exit the bus fast, make them congest on the stairs and in front of the stairs, make a 2nd slider which regulates how quickly people are boarding really.

Should be possible, right?

Good idea. Let's wait for possible updates.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 12:50:24 pm »

The slider doesn't have anything to do with realism. It's there only to prevent the lesser systems to be overwhelmed by the fps impact of passengers. By doing what you are suggesting, those with lesser system will lose their ability to keep the fps impact under control during the initial phase of boarding, when people mass up.

Kosta

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 04:15:25 pm »

The slider doesn't have anything to do with realism. It's there only to prevent the lesser systems to be overwhelmed by the fps impact of passengers. By doing what you are suggesting, those with lesser system will lose their ability to keep the fps impact under control during the initial phase of boarding, when people mass up.
Umberto, seriously man, sometimes I think you always want to understand things negatively. And really trying hard to.
I never suggested to REMOVE the slider.
I am suggesting to add a 2nd slider which controls people entering the aircraft, along with the ability to stack people on the stairs and in front.
It is only a suggestion. Please see it as one.
Regards, Kosta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 05:03:56 pm »
Umberto, seriously man, sometimes I think you always want to understand things negatively. And really trying hard to. I never suggested to REMOVE the slider.

I never thought for a moment you suggested to remove the slider. I said, by doing what you suggest, you force those that wanted to keep the density low to not affect fps, to get the fps hit of the initial mass up of the passengers with no choice.

I am suggesting to add a 2nd slider which controls people entering the aircraft, along with the ability to stack people on the stairs and in front.

Too complex. I keep losing my time repeating over and over the same question about "how to shorten the boarding time", because people don't read the manual and haven't even noticed the very existence of the ONE slider, that I can only imagine it will be much worse, if there were two sliders.

Kosta

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 09:47:31 pm »
Too complex. I keep losing my time repeating over and over the same question about "how to shorten the boarding time", because people don't read the manual and haven't even noticed the very existence of the ONE slider, that I can only imagine it will be much worse, if there were two sliders.
Weird. Even without checking the manual, I went looking for the slider, because it seemed logical to have one.
In any case, think twice about it. At least an .ini or something would be nice. :-)
Regards, Kosta