Author Topic: FSDT airports in Trial Mode **SOLVED**  (Read 13469 times)

Pooch

Re: FSDT airports in Trial Mode
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2020, 07:18:43 pm »
Now same issue here. Following the FAQ I changed all my old activation keys to QLM keys and reactivated all my products with the new key. In Addon Manager all products result as ACTIVE but in the scenery I get TRIAL started. Scenery not disappearing after 5 minutes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2020, 12:35:50 pm »
Have you restarted the sim ?

Pooch

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 12:55:24 pm »
yes, several times in the meantime.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2020, 01:14:03 pm »
If Addon Manager says the scenery is Active and it doesn't disappear, it means it IS Active. It's possible a bogus Trial message might appear because you installed some AFCAD that have the same name/size of some of the FSDT sceneries ?

Pooch

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 01:50:25 pm »
Checked with AFX: no other AFCAD with same name/size installed. I have FSDT PHNL AFCAD slightly changed but with different name/size and original set to off

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2020, 02:00:22 pm »
Checked with AFX: no other AFCAD with same name/size installed.

That might not necessarily be an AFCAD, just a scenery with the same size. Something from Ray Smith perhaps ? Which sceneries are still showing the Trial message, even if they look otherwise active ?

Pooch

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2020, 04:47:59 pm »
I made temporarily a scenery.cfg containg besides the default sceneries as addon only my FSDT and Cloud9 products, which are PHLI, PHTO, PHKO, PHOG, PHNL, KDFW, KORD_V1, kLAX_V2, KJFK_V2, CYVR, LSZH, LSGG, KMCO, ENBR, XCITY-ROME. All such sceneries get the TRIAL-messaqge but result ACTIVE in the Addon Manager and do NOT disappear after 5 minutes. All FSDT product with QLM-key, all Cloud9 with original key at purchase.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2020, 04:51:36 pm »
I made temporarily a scenery.cfg containg besides the default sceneries

The conflicting scenery might be somewhere in one of the default folders, so that test doesn't really solves anything.

Pooch

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2020, 05:56:44 pm »
negative -all default scenery is unchanged since 30-04-2012.
Unfortunately i experience strange issues with your products: last week Hawaii 1 and 2 did not load buildings, only ground eqmt ecc. I seached in the forum but no solution. On January 16 I re-activated my sceneries with the QLM-key but no buildings yet. Days later I noticed that in my FSX\Addon Manager\Couatl i had no folders Hawaii1 and Hawaii2 which contain usually __init__.pye files. All other sceneries were OK. I definitely did not delete such files/folders and do not have the slightest idea what could have caused that.
On January 18 I uninstalled thru MS both Hawaiian sceneries, re-downloaded them and re-installed them. Before I could install Hawaii2 the Life Updater ran 2 (two) times. The same happened also installing then Hawaii2. I found that unusual but did not pay further attention to this as I had my missing folders with the pye files back. Firing up FSX the sceneries loaded correctly but with the Trial-message.
On January 15 I have changed my antivirus to Kaspersky cloud, addon manager folder excluded from scanning.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2020, 10:13:17 am »
What you are describing is surely not normal and, as you already saw for yourself, you couldn't find any solutions on the forum, since nobody ever reported this, like files disappearing for some reason.

Try a complete uninstall, this way:

- Remove all your FSDT products. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

- Remove this folders:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali
%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali

- Reinstall all your products using only the latest installer and nothing else.

- Be sure you add the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusion list.

Pooch

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2020, 12:13:55 pm »
I will download all products including Cloud9 again, install them and report back, but this will take some time as I have a slow internet connection.
Reinstalling will launch for each product the Life Update, which is a b it annoying. Is it safe to cancel the Life Update and launch it only after the last product is reinstalled ?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 12:22:54 pm by Pooch »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2020, 01:19:07 pm »
Please don't install the Cloud9 products, they don't support the new activation system so, at this time, they cannot be reactivated. We contacted the former Cloud9 owners asking for a solution, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Pooch

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2020, 03:01:21 pm »
That explains why I saw just black blocks instead of buildings in xcity Rome.

Is it safe to cancel the Life Update and launch it only after the last product is reinstalled ?
Please advise about this question

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2020, 04:48:46 pm »
Yes, you can cancel the Live Update, and run it at the end, after you installed the last product.

Pooch

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2020, 05:25:54 pm »
After uninstall ( including cleaning of the registry where I still found the old eSellerate-keys ) and reinstall of all my FSDT products I still get the Trial message every time I start FSX at a FSDT-a/p, but without disappearing after 5 minutes. Changing to any other FSDT-a/p ( World>Go to airport... ) does not produce a new Trial message.
If I start FSX at a non-FSDT-a/p I get the Airport cache successful message and when I than change to a FSDT-a/p  ( World>Go to airport... ) I do not get the Trial message.
Whatever causes the Trial message it seems to have no negative affect on my sim, so I can live with that.

Waiting for a hopefully positive outcome for the Cloud9 product registration.