Author Topic: Dual Jetways  (Read 1830 times)

tk92

Dual Jetways
« on: October 04, 2018, 08:17:45 pm »
Dear Umberto,

Quick question. I replaced the jetways according to the tutorial at Osaka Itami airport and the 'main jetway' is replaced with a GSX one now. However, there are some gates which has dual jetways, and whatever I try, that one won't be replaced. Is this only solvable by manually removing a .bgl in the /scenery folder, which removes that second jetway. Finally you could place a second jetway manually. Or do you have a better option?

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,
Thomas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dual Jetways
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 02:18:38 pm »
However, there are some gates which has dual jetways, and whatever I try, that one won't be replaced. Is this only solvable by manually removing a .bgl in the /scenery folder, which removes that second jetway. Finally you could place a second jetway manually. Or do you have a better option?

If the jetways is not modeled separately, but it's part of the terminal, removing its .BGL is the only way to do this. However, removing the .BGL might be correct or not, depending how it's made.

- If it's a "library" .BGL, containing ONLY jetways, then your are lucky, because it's the easiest option and should cause any problems.

- If it's a "library" .BGL which contains other objects too, they would disappear as well.

- If it's a regular .BGL, it's possible other objects disappeared.

By "library" .BGL, I mean a .BGL which contains objects only, which will be usually referenced in another .BGL that does their placement. A regular .BGL is one the either just places objects, or contains objects *and* places them as well.

tk92

Re: Dual Jetways
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 04:07:05 pm »
Dear Umberto,

Thank you for the clarification. I will try to find the right .BGL with some experiments!

Kind regards,
Thomas