Author Topic: Lost Addon Manager Following GSX-2 Install  (Read 1616 times)

Buddy1958

Lost Addon Manager Following GSX-2 Install
« on: October 03, 2018, 10:29:12 pm »
I have been trying for DAYS (since the release of GSXv2) to get my addon manager back to the Addon drop down in FSX.  Initially, after installing, I lost all my previous FSDT sceneries and had to reinstall them.  Then lost my GSX & GSXv2 (not on my FSX dropdown).  So, then I uninstalled all GSX, GSXvs, and Addon Manager; completed a cold system re-boot, and reinstalled GSX, GSXv2, then Addon Manager.  Still no GSX within FSX (I've tried the Ctrl +F12, but that doesn't bring is up either).  I do have two listings for Coatul, but no Addon Manager or GSX options.

I must tell you, I am really enjoying your sceneries and really was enjoying GSX and GSXv2!  Awesome, when it worked for me.

At any rate, I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I cannot get GSX and Addon Manager back to work within FSX.  So, now I'm at your mercy, and hopefully, am seeking you expert guidance.

mbscjohnp

Re: Lost Addon Manager Following GSX-2 Install
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 01:06:56 am »
Buddy:  Same type of thing happened to me, but I have the manager back after re-install.  Now I can't re-install KCLT or KJFK because they hang up during install.
Retired (mostly tired) pilot (bus driver), whose Flight Surgeon declined to re-certify and bosses said to "go fishing", but still paying every month. Now simming familiar routes in an Airbus (fly-by-wire & only touch the knobs when ATC says so) "bring a good book". Cockpit should have online movies.

Buddy1958

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 05:24:23 am »
Well, I hope you get helped.  I'm waiting and hoping. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 08:25:54 am »
The problem of missing menu items under the Addons menu it's usually caused by one of these:

1) Defective antivirus. Download and install with the Antivirus disabled AND configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning BEFORE starting the sim.

OR

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Yes, the thread title says "P3DV4", but everything applies to FSX as well, since the libraries required by our software are the same.