Author Topic: Repeated Activations for GSX (again)  (Read 1542 times)

rlw9sr

Repeated Activations for GSX (again)
« on: October 04, 2018, 01:02:02 am »
I have read the various threads regarding this issue.  It is still unresolved for me (Win 10, Prepar3d v4.3).  I have downloaded the full GSX install version, checked the VC++ files, uninstalled GSX and the Addon Manager, and rebooted.  Every time I start the sim I receive the dialog "The product GSX is installed but not Active..." I enter YES to activate the program and it responds successfully activated.  I then receive a Red Msg that states the GSX L2 is in trial mode.  If I look in the Addon Manager, both GSX and GSX L2 are ACTIVE.  This occurs every time I run P3D!
All the other FSDT products work without a problem.  I have registration numbers for both products.  I have also checked the AV--I have excluded all the relevant directories/files.  I would appreciate any suggestion to help resolve this problem--Thanks,

Robert

P.S. I have also run the FSDT Live Update--it seems to replace a number of the GSX files but to no avail--

rlw9sr

Re: Repeated Activations for GSX (again)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 02:20:04 am »
Update--rechecked the S/N for GSX with esellerate.net--it's valid and it's also present in the Registry--

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 08:30:21 am »
The problem of the activation not sticking, is usually caused by having mistakenly set a Compatibility mode for the simulator, like XP mode under Windows 8/10, which is wrong and not how the simulator is supposed to work normally.

Go into the Properties->Compatibility tab for Prepar3d.exe, and be sure nothing is enabled there. The only setting that we don't require, but can be used, is run As Admin.

Also, be sure you don't start the simulator from another product, because this can cause the same problem. Start the simulator from its own icon, at least for the activation.

rlw9sr

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 06:35:35 pm »
Thanks for the reply--No compatibility options are checked except "Run this program as an administrator."  The issues persists--

Robert

P.S. If a remote session is possible, please contact me via a PM