Author Topic: Majestic Dash Staircase  (Read 3113 times)

olihargrave

Majestic Dash Staircase
« on: October 02, 2018, 05:21:30 am »
For those of you who have flown the noise-box (the Dash 8-Q400), you'll know that this aircraft generally uses it's staircase door for boarding and de-boarding. In recent years I flew my home airlines Dash 8 a few times and noticed this 'new'  independent 'staircase' which acts as a long platform/slope to the aircraft main left hand door.

Check out the images below to get a better idea:

Would be awesome to see this implemented into the sim for the Majestic Dash. To replace the current...

Thoughts?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Majestic Dash Staircase
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 11:41:56 am »
That's a nice model, yes, we'll look into it.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 07:44:14 pm »
 The Westjet Q400's in Canada use similar to those as well.

Great pics btw!

Farlis

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 06:36:22 pm »
Nice idea for people in wheelchairs.

JRBarrett

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 02:52:35 am »
For the last several months our local airport terminal has been undergoing major upgrades and renovations. The old jet bridges were removed, and until the new ones were installed, they were using a similar mobile ramp for the Delta CRJ 700s.

The CRJ of course has built in stairs in the door, but they do present a rather steep “climb”, which those with mobility problems (knee or hip issues) might find rather challenging, and if anyone were to trip going up or down, there is the danger of a fall and severe injury. I believe the stairs on the Dash 8 are similar.

The ramp makes for less stressful, safer boarding, as well as being fully accessible for wheel chairs.

Would definitely be nice to have the mobile ramp emulated in GSX for RJ and turboprop boarding.