Author Topic: SODE Jetways and GSX. Again....  (Read 10136 times)

skyymann

SODE Jetways and GSX. Again....
« on: October 02, 2018, 05:21:26 am »
OK,
I know I've been told that this is not a GSX issue, but since it can't be anything else, I will post again as it most certainly is a GSX issue. ANY time I use GSX to control the SODE jetways via either the Request Deboarding or Operate Jetways button, it works perfectly until I close the main door for departure. This is where it gets interesting. The SODE jetway pulls back automatically, resets and then reconnects to the aircraft. Every Time, without fail. In fact, this is the most consistent issue I have ever seen. I have changed the SODE settings three or four times, but I ALWAYS get the same thing. When I try to intervene with SODE, it says there are no items within how ever far it is. I know, 90 percent of the time, problems are not GSX, but I truly don't see how this could be anything else. It is driving me crazy and any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE Jetways and GSX. Again....
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 11:22:55 am »
Please indicate the following:

- which airplane you used

- which scenery you used, and if it uses its own SODE jetways, or GSX-SODE jetways replaced by GSX

skyymann

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 11:30:34 am »
Hello Umberto,

That is easy. I have had this happen with all PMDG aircraft (737 series, 777 Series and 744), with the new Aerosoft Busses (18,19,20 and 21), and with the TFDI 717. This has happened before GSX2 with FSDT sceneries and Aerosoft sceneries. Since GSX 2 it also happens at all standard airports with SODE jetways. Honestly, as long as I'm using a SODE jetway, as soon as I close the door, the jetway will pull away, reset and re dock. This even happens if I un assign the primary boarding door. Like I said, very strange.

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 11:49:45 am »
I checked it, and it doesn't happen here.

- Be sure you don't use the SODE autodock feature, because it's not compatible with GSX. It will require both a SODE update and a GSX update.

- Be sure you wait for GSX asking to close the passenger doors after boarding. Don't close the door before you are being asked to.

skyymann

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 12:26:29 pm »
GSX will ask to close the door?? I sure wasn't aware of that. I'll give it a go right now.

Scott

skyymann

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 04:46:07 pm »
Well Crap,

Made sure SODE doesn't recognize AI and it was set at False for auto docking as well. With the AS A321 at LSZH, pretty sure it was the FSDT LSZH, exactly the same thing happened again....

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 02:24:11 pm »
You don't say if you followed the *other* suggestion in my previous reply:

- Be sure you wait for GSX asking to close the passenger doors after boarding. Don't close the door before you are being asked to.

skyymann

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 05:46:09 am »
Hi Umberto,

I re installed SODE and GSX. Will run a test now. Do I need to check CRTL F12 to see if it is OK or will I hear an announcement. Or is that the Ding indicating boarding is complete? I'm a bit confused about being told it is OK to close the door

Scott

skyymann

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 06:36:18 pm »
OK,

I've waited for the ding indicating boarding is complete. I shut the door, the jetway retracts, then re connects to the door. This happens with every aircraft at every airport.

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 12:51:32 pm »
I've waited for the ding indicating boarding is complete. I shut the door, the jetway retracts, then re connects to the door. This happens with every aircraft at every airport.

I can only repeat and confirm this doesn't happen, with any aircraft and on any airport. The only possible reason, is that you have the SODE auto-dock feature enabled, which doesn't work with GSX.

And, always use the jetways from the GSX menu. Don't use the TAB-S key when using GSX.

skyymann

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 02:59:14 pm »
SODE Autodock feature is DISABLED (FALSE) and I only connect from the GSX menu.

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 03:00:32 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot replicate it, and you are still the only one reporting it. Nobody else has ever posted this specific problem so far.

space_coast

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2018, 04:10:29 pm »
Same problem here with the Sode jetways and GSX with every a/c at every airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 04:12:08 pm »
Same problem here with the Sode jetways and GSX with every a/c at every airport.

Ok, now you are two users. Are you sure the SODE autodock is disabled ?

space_coast

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 04:38:40 pm »
Yes Sode automatic feature is disabled