Author Topic: GSX continuous issues  (Read 6742 times)

rockliffe

GSX continuous issues
« on: September 30, 2018, 08:54:35 pm »
I'm at my wits end with this product. Since installing GSX, I have had continuous issues to the point where I have given up twice with it. There just seems to be 'flakey' issues constantly. I have now installed twice the latest GSX base product, (not with expansion) both times I have updated to ensure the latest version, at every airport I fly from, I have ensured the correct AFCAD was being used and GSX has been added to the Windows 10 defender/anti virus exclusions list.

The issues I get vary from service vehicles driving through the airplane, passenger buses not arriving, baggage handlers not arriving, push back vehicle parked in the centre of the airport service road, but the biggest issue is the main GSX menu not appearing and the menu not appearing on touch down when wanting to call up a 'follow me' vehicle. The menu appears probably only 30% of the time.

Help with this would be very much appreciated so I can once and for all get GSX to perform correctly. Many thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX continuous issues
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 08:59:28 pm »
None of the issues you reported seems to have anything to do with GSX.

- The misplaced vehicles are SURELY caused by an AFCAD in conflict, the most common case of conflicting AFCAD are caused by AI traffic products that installs a conflicting AFCAD that should be used *only* as an enhancement to the default scenery, but must be removed if you have an addon airport.

- The vehicles moving into each other can usually be fixed by changing their starting location, if you have a conflicting AFCAD, these issues will be much worse.

The GSX parking customization page will tell you which AFCAD has been picked up by GSX.

rockliffe

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 09:05:43 pm »
Hi Umberto, thanks for the speedy reply. OK, then I will do some further searching re the AFCAD issue. That does seem to make sense. But the major issue I have, and for the life of me I cannot seem to sort things, is not being able to access the GSX menu. What are your thoughts with this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 09:13:11 pm »
But the major issue I have, and for the life of me I cannot seem to sort things, is not being able to access the GSX menu. What are your thoughts with this?

Check if you have the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu of the simulator. If you do, see if you can call GSX from there, or if you can call the parking customization menu.

If you can, maybe you just have a key conflict caused by another addon. UT Live, for example, use the CTRL+Shift+F12 as well, preventing GSX to work, until you sort our the key conflict. GSX, of course, let's you reassign its hotkey.

rockliffe

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 09:16:40 pm »
Hmm, I'm 99% certain I checked that some time ago. However, I'm looking into things as I type. I'll report back. Thanks.

rockliffe

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 09:44:11 am »
Hmm, I'm 99% certain I checked that some time ago. However, I'm looking into things as I type. I'll report back. Thanks.

Hi Umberto, sure, have tried all this. Checked again yesterday, no conflict with the keys. No difference if I try and call the menu from the addons menu. A typical example yesterday. Load up a flight at LEMD, sat at a gate, called up the menu, GSX appeared OK, tried another gate, called up the menu and it doesn't appear. Moved to another airport called up GSX, OK but no sound with the pushback vehicle and didn't push back. Moved to VHHX on parking stand, tried to access GSX menu doesn't appear. Tried to access the airport/scenery settings from the menu in the addons list, to check if the correct AFCAD was being used, and that section of the menu is not there! There just seem to be a continuous list of problems.  :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 10:14:08 am »
Tried to access the airport/scenery settings from the menu in the addons list, to check if the correct AFCAD was being used, and that section of the menu is not there!

Which section ? The whole GSX section, or just the customize menu ?

When you have the menu, enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings menu then restart Couatl. If the missing menu section happens again, exit the sim immediately, and check the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, ZIP the Couatl.LOG file and post it here.

rockliffe

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 03:41:05 pm »
Just the customize section of the menu. I'll try your logging advice.

rockliffe

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 06:31:02 pm »
Tried to access the airport/scenery settings from the menu in the addons list, to check if the correct AFCAD was being used, and that section of the menu is not there!

When you have the menu, enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings menu then restart Couatl. If the missing menu section happens again, exit the sim immediately, and check the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, ZIP the Couatl.LOG file and post it here.

Hi Umberto, just tried to start GSX at VHHX and here is a shot of the drop down menu which is missing the airport config section. I also tried GSX at Dubrovnik, all was well except there was no sound from the baggage trucks, passengers or the catering van.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 06:32:43 pm by rockliffe »

rockliffe

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 06:39:22 pm »

I have the couatl log as a text file but for some reason it is not letting me upload it!!!! It says it is the wrong type of file!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 06:57:17 pm »
I have the couatl log as a text file but for some reason it is not letting me upload it!!!! It says it is the wrong type of file!!!

That's why I said, in my last reply: ZIP the Couatl.LOG file and post it here.

rockliffe

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2018, 08:35:57 pm »
Hmm, OK. I also need to add that there are no GSX messages that normally run along the bottom of the screen. I have also done a fresh download and reinstall with no difference. Although this time I got the sound of the passenger bus but no catering truck or passengers boarding.

I have just loaded a flight from a stand at Rome's LIRF No GSX menu loads after pressing the assigned button or by clicking YouControl from the menu in the P3D AdddOns menu at top of screen. I have attached a screengrab of the Addons GSX menu and a compressed Couatl log.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 08:37:33 pm by rockliffe »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 09:20:03 pm »
There are no errors in your log file.

Do the message "GSX cache loaded successfully" if you start the sim to that airport ?

rockliffe

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2018, 09:36:19 pm »
Actually, now that you mention it, no

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2018, 10:48:25 pm »
Ok, does it appear if you select "Restart Couatl" ? If not, if you select "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" ?