Author Topic: some jetways don't show  (Read 7323 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: some jetways don't show
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 12:36:42 pm »
Now been over 48 hours and I've run the update installer more than 15 times (last time was 17 minutes ago). I am still having issues with certain items.

Your problem was THIS one:

the jetways marked with "Higher" in the title. They show up when selected and applied in the Customization but when you click on "Customize Jetways" the jetway disappears leaving the Bridge and visual options

And ALL my further comments about possible issues with Live Update were related to this problem ONLY, because these are the most recently released models which weren't present in the initial release, so you *might* have Live Update issues.

Now, in this new post, you don't say anything about the "higher" jetways so, I assume this IS fixed, is it ?

Now the issues is if I add a 2nd jetway using JBT Aerotech AT3 Three-tunnel Crystal, they will not recognize door L2 on the PMDG 777 (test and setting for heavy spots). However, if I leave everything exactly as is, but change Jetway 2 to ThyssenKrupp Apron drive Three-tunnel Crystal, it works perfectly fine.

You are now reporting an entirely different problem, which doesn't have anything to do with Live Update, and maybe you should open a new separate thread, named "some jetways don't resolve", since this one was about some jetways "don't show", which SEEMS to be fixed now, as I've said it would, by just waiting for your Live Update server to be updated.

Jetway cannot magically resolve any airplane, any door, from any place at any position, with the airplane parked in every possible position and they are not identical: if a ThyssenKrupp model resolves, it's not guaranteed the JBT will solve too.

It's not possible to say for sure if the jetways are a problem, without a proper description of the problem but, instead, I think it's easier if you just post the .INI file for your airport, so I can check it out.

Edit - After closing the sim, rerunning the update installer and reloading the sim to the exact same spot, no longer does Jetway 1 as JBT version resolve to any door. Seems every time I run the installer, I lose something else rather than gain anything.

Sorry, but this is plain impossible could be caused by the Live Update, which at this point hasn't changed any files, since you are surely fully updated by now. The only thing that I can think of, is some kind of issue with SODE (SODE is the think that makes jetways "solvable" or not), between two separate runs of the simulator, and you are mislead thinking it has something to do with Live Udpate, just because you ran it in between.

Maybe you open / closed the sim too quickly between sessions, and this could cause a problem to SODE. Have you noticed how much time it takes AFTER the simulator icon has disappeared, for the "Compile" button in the GSX Control Panel to become active ? This is the same time when is REALLY safe to start the sim again after closing it once, because the GSX Control Panel ASKS Windows when Prepar3d.exe has closed, and this can (and it DOES) happen several seconds *after* you see its icon disappear, so you might be tempted to just starting it again.

Another possible issue is: where you in the exact same position when you customized the parking spot ? GSX and the simulator use a different method of positioning the airplane.

DVA12924

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 12:39:47 pm »
Stop avoiding the issue and come up with a resolution.

Regardless if the disappearing jetways do or do not work, I am still having issues with Jetways with YOUR product that YOU said would be resolved within 24 hours after YOUR servers were able to distribute all the files globally.

Bottom line, YOU have MY money for a product that DOES NOT WORK

Fix it!

I run many addons with the sim and I wait for all of them to close out (upwards of 2-3 minutes after sim window has closed), then rerun the installer, then reopen the sim and let everything stabilize before editing with GSX ... its not a time issue, its not an antivirus issue, its not a placement issue, its a fault in your program that you insist is my fault and I am the reason it is not working. Look at the last 3 other recent topics all have relations to jetways not working ... i'm not the only one with the issue!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 12:44:14 pm by DVA12924 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 12:48:20 pm »
Stop avoiding the issue and come up with a resolution.

I'm not avoiding the issue. Your issues was the "higher jetways didn't show". Now, from your screenshot, it's clear the problem you reported HAS been fixed, as I said it would.

Regardless if the disappearing jetways do or do not wor, I am still having issues with Jetways with YOUR product that YOU said would be resolved within 24 hours after YOUR servers were able to distribute all the files globally.

And that problem, the one you reported, clearly HAS been fixed, as I said it would.

I couldn't possibly know if you would encounter further problems using GSX but, before saying if this is a problem or not, I would need to check your .INI file. Of course, before posting this, I obviously checked a JBT Aerotech AT3 Three-tunnel Crystal, and it works just fine.

Which is why, I asked to post your .INI file, to see if the issue was maybe in the positioning.

Awaiting for you .INI file.

DVA12924

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2018, 12:53:31 pm »
Did you care to tell me where to find the INI file you want or should I just send you any random one I can come across?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2018, 12:57:18 pm »
Did you care to tell me where to find the INI file you want or should I just send you any random one I can come across?

That's indicated in the top line of the GSX parking configuration page.

Eisbahn

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2018, 01:30:40 pm »
You should modify your arrogant attitude. GSX Level 2 functions perfectly without problems otherwise thousands of users
would be complaining. It is obvious you have a problem with your system. Do as Umberto says and he will solve your problem.
Eisbahn