Author Topic: Passenger buses driving Thru airplane and service equipment  (Read 2091 times)

neilvegas

Passenger buses driving Thru airplane and service equipment
« on: September 28, 2018, 12:50:01 am »
I cant seem to find if there is a way to customize the path and stopping location for the buses for crew and passengers..   Sorry if this has been asked already. I searched and could not find it...  Thanks in advance,, I looked thru all the customizing tabs in the menu and couldnt see a location for buses...

sw34669

Re: Passenger buses driving Thru airplane and service equipment
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 01:05:05 am »

i dont understand this it has got worse since GSX2 at most airports I now fly into this happens with the baggage carts and the buses.

GSX knows where the aircraft is and its extent circle. I've even seen this happen when its a big ramp 70m and lots of taxi-ways around it. ie not a cramped afcad file.

I will put the last version of GSX1 back on and run some tests

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 01:56:51 am »
I cant seem to find if there is a way to customize the path and stopping location for the buses for crew and passengers..

You cannot customize the path for any vehicle that doesn't start on a parking (catering, bus, fuel truck, deicer, follow me). They just follow the AFCAD path, up to a point closer to the airplane, when they go to their expected location.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 02:00:37 am »
i dont understand this it has got worse since GSX2 at most airports I now fly into this happens with the baggage carts and the buses.

The only change in GSX Level 2 is the bus now stops in a position halfway between all the doors so, as usual, it can be affected by the airplane configuration (how many doors, and where), but also by the scenery AFCAD, depending where is the last possible node which will be chosen before abandoning the AFCAD path and starting to go to the airplane.

The baggage carts have randomly selected startup times, so their chance to hit some other vehicle cannot be "better" or "worse" than the previous GSX, it's just random.

neilvegas

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 02:15:23 am »
ok..  might try editing the doors..  was using an A330 maybe only use the front door to load pax.. . Thanks for the reply...  Love the new version..   added realism rocks...    One thing I know our SOP is to hook up the tow bar and push back when the plane arrives at the gate.  Could that be an option in a future update??  How about letting Catering baggage ops and pax loading simultanious as in real life?   Might that be too taxing on frame rates etc?