Author Topic: GSX2 question - Operate SODE jetways at third-party airports  (Read 1874 times)

Timothy Metzinger

GSX2 question - Operate SODE jetways at third-party airports
« on: September 27, 2018, 09:26:32 pm »
I believe I read that the GSX MyControl shortcut (Ctrl-F12) would allow you to operate SODE jetways at third party airports.  Is this true?  And is it only true when the product is activated or in trial mode as well?

I ask because I use an X-Keys device to drive a whole bunch of shortcuts, and I have a key for Jetways (Ctrl-J) that I use at default and some third party airports and another that's used to bring up the SODE (Tab-S) menu.  If I can replace the SODE menu with MyControl and still operate the SODE jetways at third party airports, that would be great.

Eventually as I replace any Control-J jetways at third-party airports, I could drop that control altogether. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX2 question - Operate SODE jetways at third-party airports
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 10:27:43 pm »
If I can replace the SODE menu with MyControl and still operate the SODE jetways at third party airports, that would be great.

Exactly.

GSX jetways MUST be called with the GSX menu. Since even SODE jetways in 3rd party sceneries CAN be called by the GSX menu either, you can just always use the GSX menu for both.

The GSX manual at Page 12, and this post here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18371.msg128201.html#msg128201

Explains why you shouldn't use the normal SODE TAB-S menu with GSX and, since you can use the GSX menu for other SODE airports, you can just always use GSX. And, if the parking has a CTRL+J jetway, when you use the "Operate jetways" from GSX, it will simply send a CTRL+J for you.

So, basically, one menu for everything related to jetways, instead of three.

Timothy Metzinger

Re: GSX2 question - Operate SODE jetways at third-party airports
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 10:48:53 pm »
Thanks.   I'm now more comfortable about buying the base product and the 2.0 upgrade.