Author Topic: Pushback Crew Voice  (Read 4875 times)

B777ER

Pushback Crew Voice
« on: September 25, 2018, 05:19:04 am »
Are there different voice sets for GSX2? The default one sounds like some dude from Kentucky or West Virginia with his howdy doody, aww shucks folks accent. Not very immersive hearing that twang in Europe.
Eric

Rafal

Re: Pushback Crew Voice
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 08:13:50 am »
Exactly, I hate the new voice. I also fly mostly in Europe.

What I can recommend is the freeware voice pack with two European accents I am still successfully using.
You can get it from the AVSIM library: https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=p3dutil&DLID=204279

The drawback is you have to replace the voice after each GSX update.
That's my experience though I would love to be wrong about it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 08:16:32 am by Rafal »
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 10:18:33 am »
We are working on some kind of regional accent system, related to the ICAO code, then we'll add other voices too.

The one we have now is a real human voice from a professional voice actor. Yes, he's obviously american but, I hope everybody will agree is an improvement over synthetic voices we had before.

DreamSkywards

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 10:21:44 am »
I'm so used to the previous synthetic voice I do actually miss it. I mute the sim when this dude starts talking and read the green bar instead.

wsmeier

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 04:25:51 pm »
The drawback is you have to replace the voice after each GSX update.
That's my experience though I would love to be wrong about it.

Rafal: You can place a DONTUPDATE file in each folder you don't want Live Update to overwrite. Just create a no-content file named DONTUPDATE (no extension) and place it inside the various sound folders within the GSX folder. There are other topics within the forum here that probably describe this better than I have. Just search for dontupdate.

The one drawback of doing this is that you won't know about any updates to these sound files unless you come to the forums regularly. I'm here a lot, so it's not a problem for me.

Cheers!
Walter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 04:33:40 pm »
I'm so used to the previous synthetic voice I do actually miss it. I mute the sim when this dude starts talking and read the green bar instead.

I was quite *sure* that, after getting complains for so many years about how unnatural and robotic the old voice was, and how to replace it with a human, now that we did something about it, someone would miss it...

We'll when we'll have the upcoming multiple-accent system in place, perhaps the synthetic voice might just be an additional accent to choose.

virtualstuff

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 05:13:57 pm »

I was quite *sure* that, after getting complains for so many years about how unnatural and robotic the old voice was, and how to replace it with a human, now that we did something about it, someone would miss it...

We'll when we'll have the upcoming multiple-accent system in place, perhaps the synthetic voice might just be an additional accent to choose.

Happy with the new voices great improvement over the synthetic ones, and yes over Europe in the virtual skies ;-)
Please don't revert to those synthetic ones...  ::)

DreamSkywards

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 06:44:41 pm »

LOL...please don't take it wrong! I'm just more used to the synthetic voice. Plus, I have never complained about it either, you're almost making it sound like I'm backtracking from a demand after bugging you for years!

I have 98 posts on this forum (well, 99 now, maybe more once you see this  ;D) and it shows as 7 pages in my latest posts ( http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=22191;sa=showPosts ) but if you go on each page, click on CTRL + F and search for keywords such as "voice", "sound", "synthetic" or whatever you may imagine, you will never see a complaint from me about it!

(I agree about the complaints of user B777ER on the accent of the real guy though. That's just unheard of in Switzerland!)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 06:50:58 pm by DreamSkywards »

virtualstuff

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 07:49:45 pm »

LOL...please don't take it wrong! I'm just more used to the synthetic voice. Plus, I have never complained about it either, you're almost making it sound like I'm backtracking from a demand after bugging you for years!

I have 98 posts on this forum (well, 99 now, maybe more once you see this  ;D) and it shows as 7 pages in my latest posts ( http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=22191;sa=showPosts ) but if you go on each page, click on CTRL + F and search for keywords such as "voice", "sound", "synthetic" or whatever you may imagine, you will never see a complaint from me about it!

(I agree about the complaints of user B777ER on the accent of the real guy though. That's just unheard of in Switzerland!)

Lucky us the majority likes human voices over those robotic ones lol
As for diversity in region and accents I agree with B777ER, but only with human voices as the current one which is great ;-)

@ Umberto maybe a script for recording sound files, which we then can share in the same manner as the airport jetways?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 07:57:30 pm by awf »

Rafal

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 08:21:43 pm »
You can place a DONTUPDATE file in each folder you don't want Live Update to overwrite

Thanks a lot for the tip, Walter!  :)
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

Rafal

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 08:25:04 pm »
maybe a script for recording sound files, which we then can share in the same manner as the airport jetways?

Andre, that would be a great option to have!  ;)

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 04:25:12 am »

Well... I LIKE the new voice. He sounds like my neighbor.  ::)
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.