Author Topic: all the FSDT airport buildings disappeared suddenly  (Read 2799 times)

ikarus2010

all the FSDT airport buildings disappeared suddenly
« on: September 23, 2018, 10:03:14 pm »
Suddenly all the buildings of my installed and well functioning FSX FSDT airport sceneries are no more visible.  Without changing anything also the fsdt Addon Manager can not be seen on the table bar anymore. Just now I  have reinstalled the newest one from your website, but it does appear in the FSX table bar "Addons". Please let me know what to do to show the buildings of all my various FSDT sceneries again.

Thanks and best regards

Alfred  
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:08:06 pm by ikarus2010 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: all the FSDT airport buildings disappeared suddenly
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 11:32:31 pm »
The problem of missing menu items under the Addons menu it's usually caused by one of these:

1) Defective antivirus. Download and install with the Antivirus disabled AND configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning BEFORE starting the sim.

OR

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

ikarus2010

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 01:53:05 pm »
Umberto, I am sorry, but I do not understand your instructions to "configure the Antivirus cfg" (mine is the default MS Defender) so that i will not scan  the Addon Manager.  Furthermore I have the FSX Version and not P3Dv4 therefore this reference does not apply.
Anyhow, I think the best is to start from scratch. Therefore I have uninstalled all fsdt sceneries, the addon Manager as well as the QW B757 which is connected to it.

Now, in the meantime, as a test, I have started to reinstall LSZH by disabling the antivirus but have seen that the buildings still not visible and the Addon Manager is still not shown in the menu, even it is installed automatically.
So please inform me how to install fsdt sceneries from beginning as if I would be a new customer who has bought Hawaii1+2/PHNL/LSGG/LSZH.

Thanks for your support.

Alfred

ikarus2010

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 06:32:20 pm »
HI, Umberto, now I think all seems to be ok again. I have uninstalled everything FSDT and QW B757 and also the Addon Manager in Programm(86). cancelled the couatl "trusted" entries in the fsx.cfg, downloaded again the newest sceneries. installed the first one:  LSZH. Now : 1. the Addon Manager is in the FSX menu as well as the first scenery LSZH. and 2nd. the first test with LSZH shows, that the buildings are there.  From this procedure I learn, that uninstalling the Addon Manager only from the Windows App list is not enough, or does not uninstall it really. It must also be uninstalled from the programm (86) folder where the Addon manager is listed. (unin.exe.)
Thanks for your support.

Best regards

Alfred

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 12:06:24 pm »
From this procedure I learn, that uninstalling the Addon Manager only from the Windows App list is not enough, or does not uninstall it really. It must also be uninstalled from the programm (86) folder where the Addon manager is listed. (unin.exe.)

No difference whatsoever: the Windows Control panel doesn't do anything different than just starting the appropriate unins.exe file.

If you reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" which is made when uninstalling, it will clear all the Addon Manager entries in the [Trusted] section of the FSX.CFG automatically. This is made to undo any possible mistake you might have made by inadvertently replying NO to the trust section. This is what likely fixed your problem, sometimes the Windows trust system needs to be "refreshed" to work properly.

The post I've linked, even if it's titled P3D4, is relevant to to FSX too, since even in P3D4 we require the same version of the runtimes we require in P3D4, just the x86 versions, when required.