Author Topic: P3D, GSX and Ezdok Software  (Read 18214 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D, GSX and Ezdok Software
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 01:15:01 pm »
something in GSX blocks EXdok from functioning.

GSX is not blocking anything. GSX uses the official Simconnect way to reserve a key. Of course, if that key is used by other addons, the other addon requesting it will not obtain it, so you must configure of the two conflicting addons to use another key, and of course you can configure GSX to change its hotkey.

However, if another addon doesn't use Simconnect to map key events, but some other methods, like reading directly the keyboard (not sure how EZdok works, but since it seems the only program that seems to have a problem with keys, this seems to be the case), it's *possible* that with GSX reserving keys through Simconnect, and other addons using their own methods, could cause a conflict.

You can try to configure GSX to use a key not related to F12, I thing some users fixed this issue with EZdok this way.

Egbert Drenth

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 08:07:01 pm »
Hi,

I'm having exactly the same issue on a clean install of P3D V2.5, EZDok and GSX.
Luckily the work around functions fine (open/close GSX window). I'm pretty sure I have not competing key strokes defined.

Could it be that GSX takes the Window focus and doesn't release it (only guessing)

Egbert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2015, 01:40:27 am »
Could it be that GSX takes the Window focus and doesn't release it (only guessing)

No, it doesn't.

The only time GSX takes the focus, is when you open the Settings menu, the scenery configuration editor or the airplane configuration editor (and of course it releases it correctly, otherwise you couldn't use ANY of the FSX keys, if FSX lost the focus), not the in-game CTRL+F12 menu, but nobody is reporting this issue in relationship with these menus, they all say is fixed by opening closing the CTRL+F12 menu. And that menu is handled by FSX itself.

In fact, you can do a very easy check, which will confirm the problem is not GSX:

- Open the GSX CTRL+F12 menu

- While the menu is still open, use a default FSX keyboard command, like S to change view. It will work.

This clearly indicate there's no focus problem, GSX doesn't takes anything, and FSX is perfectly able to process keys with the GSX menu open. Which is not even a "GSX menu". It's a standard FSX Simconnect menu, created and handled by FSX itself, GSX will only indicate the title and the items, but it will not try to handle any keys directly.

Juan86270

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2018, 05:25:02 am »
Hi Umberto This is my problem I am the person who sent you the email to support
, some of the people who are here can help me please I have GSX and EZDOK V2
Please