Author Topic: Red and Green lights in the Afterburners  (Read 30860 times)

Orion

Re: Red and Green lights in the Afterburners
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 07:51:30 pm »
It's better, but it still shows a slight ring around the nozzle (see screenshots below).  Should I further reduce those values or would that be from some other part?  Eh, I'll just try reducing those further and see how it goes.

Also, is the effect supposed to be visible through the small spaces in the nozzle (see screenshots below)?

One last thing: do you notice any other things that are messed up?  I was looking at the other screenshots of the effect and it looks slightly different like the effect is further in the nozzle or something.

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 08:08:05 pm »
Hi Orion,

You're on the right track. Just reduce the same values slightly again, perhaps by about 0.5 on each.

The gaps in the tailpipe when viewed from the "outside" are a texturing bug in the model. The modeller hasn't textured both sides of the inner part of the jet pipe. Typically that makes parts of a model transparent when viewed from the untextured side. It's a problem that can't be corrected by the end user, I'm afraid. I think the developer sorted it when they went on to develop the (payware) CaptainSim version.

You ask about other anomalies...I'm not seeing evidence of the inner burner ring effect that's further inside the tailpipe (it usually has a blueish tinge) but that may not be so much of a problem. Your pictures are actually looking quite good as it is. Just a tiny reduction more in those Scale values.

The effect may appear very slightly further inside the tailpipe because you're reducing the diameter of the effect but, from your pictures, it's not looking too noticeable.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:49:26 am by Voodoo »
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

Orion

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 09:00:25 pm »
Sorry for taking a while to respond, but one thing: 0.5 or 0.05?

Also, when I said that normally the effect seems further in the nozzle, I was talking about the effect that's oversized for me, not the thing with the blueish tinge or whatever you mentioned.

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 12:23:26 am »
Hi Orion,

The changes in the values are going to have to be just trial and error until you find something that fits (since we're really just treating the symptoms of a problem here rather than the cause of the problem) so I would try a reduction of 0.5 but if that's too much, reduce it by less, say try reducing it by 0.25 instead...just till it's right for you.

Don't worry about the other parts of the effect (i.e. the blueish tinged burner ring effects) if they're not causing you any problem.

Regards,
Voodoo
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 08:56:36 pm by Voodoo »
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

Orion

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2009, 04:25:33 am »
Thanks, it seems okay now (it seems to be slightly off center, though), but it still bugs me that the problem occurred in the first place.  I just hope next time I have to reinstall FSX it won't happen again :P.