Author Topic: Problem with serial number activation in Add-on manager  (Read 1870 times)

parsec71

• Hekla Aurora - 757
Problem with serial number activation in Add-on manager
« on: September 24, 2018, 11:36:52 am »
After finally deciding to jump to P3D from FSX Steam some weeks ago, I bought the GSX lvl 2 expansion today (from fspilotshop.com). In the meantime, I've used GSX and the FSDT airports in P3D without problems.

Now, the Add-on manager just kicks me back to the sim when trying to activate the serial number. As soon as I click the Register serial button, the Add-on manager closes and I'm back in P3D.

Any idea how to solve this? I'm using Addon manager 4.5.0.6.
FSDreamTeam products: GSX, KJFK, KCLT, KMEM, KIAH, KORD, CYVR, PHNL and KSDF.
Finally on Prepar3D v4.3...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with serial number activation in Add-on manager
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 12:50:07 pm »
Now, the Add-on manager just kicks me back to the sim when trying to activate the serial number. As soon as I click the Register serial button, the Add-on manager closes and I'm back in P3D.

It seems you have another addon that is "stealing" the focus of the registration dialog, by continuing to force itself into the foreground.

First, be sure you run the simulator in Windowed mode. Also, DO NOT start the simulator from another addon, but start is only from its own icon. If that still doesn't work, disable all the other addons that might do this, at least while activating.