Author Topic: Confused.. A Little Disappointed and Upset  (Read 3241 times)

John Hampton

Confused.. A Little Disappointed and Upset
« on: September 24, 2018, 01:00:00 am »
I just bought GSX. I saw the on the FDST website it said "Full installer includes evel 2 expansion." However, it does not seem that I have the L2 pack. Also I am wondering if there is some way to get the parking positions and jetways to work and install without having to be a computer genius. I do not look forward to the prospect of having to install jetways and edit vehicle locations as I have seen described in posts dating back up to a year. Has there been some fix or update that I have missed? Having used AES and other FDST products in the past, I am assumig operator error and hope that this can get sorted. I've seen some techs offering Teamviewer sessions. If that is what it takes then can I please make an arrangement for an appointemet for one?

TYVM in advance,

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Confused.. A Little Disappointed and Upset
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 01:16:09 am »
I just bought GSX. I saw the on the FDST website it said "Full installer includes evel 2 expansion." However, it does not seem that I have the L2 pack.

"Includes Level 2 expansion", means you don't have to look for another installer because, if we didn't write this, users that bought the expansion would wonder *where* they could find their installer, and the answer is: there's no separate installer for the Level 2, it's "included" with the normal GSX installer.

This doesn't mean it includes the LICENSE to use the Expansion which, since it was first announced in June, has always been clearly indicated as being a separate purchase:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17940.0.html

An "expansion" ? Yes, it means we are not releasing a entirely new version of GSX, causing grief to anybody that bought it recently, and having to deal with several upgrade offers that won't surely satisfy everyone so, instead, we are releasing it as an expansion, which means:

- The core GSX product will continue as it is, constantly updated for free in all its main features, so you won't have to pay for a new version, just to get rid of bugs of the old one...

- You are not being asked to pay for something you might not be interested right now.

- About the price, it hasn't been decided yet, but you can expect it will cost less than the base GSX products so, very roughly, you can expect something below 30$.

So, while I might understand your confusion, I don't understand why you are "upset". Because we released an OPTIONAL paid expansion after offering free updates to GSX for the past 6 years (and will continue to do so) ?

About replacing jetways and editing vehicle location, there's a video tutorial at the very top of this section.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 04:01:50 pm by virtuali »

John Hampton

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 01:39:10 am »
Now I understand that. I don't have any further complaints about bugs. GSX wirks fine. That I am satisfied about. But the question about the paring positions remain. Is there a way to update the vehicle locations and jetways automaticaly for a given airport without having to go through that process in the tutorial video I saw in another post here?

(edit) I guess my question is are there files I can download and install or overwrite something that already has all the custom parking positions done so I do not have to go through them all and change them from RAMP GA to HEavy Medium etc etc. I like to simulate realworld ops in real time so I will use gates that a giver rw flight is using on any given day. Right now I have FSDT KORD and KLAX and surely you guys must have some custom file already done for them is all I'm saying. Cheers!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 03:51:38 am by John Hampton »

ArJuna

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 06:45:19 am »
Don't hold your breath. I've complained about this too and no preconfigured SODE updated file for FSDT airports have been offered. I am 100% stunned at the incompleteness of this so-called level 2 product. Craziest thing is the gate next to me with Ultimate Traffic Live traffic parked at the gate at the same FSDT airport had BEAUTIFULLY functioning SODE Jetways. I had nothing.

John Hampton

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 06:58:59 am »
At this point, I can accept the cheesy jetways for now that don't line up or are too high. I just want the stop spots to be correct and the marshallers to not be standing inside the buildings where you can,t see them without having to edit them all myself. I remember back in the day with fs9 and AES you just install it and activate the aiport and it automaticaly set up all the gate spots and a/c gate combos for you. Jetways as well. I just want to fly and not have to program my simulator for days and days before I can enjoy it. I bought P3d and FSDT ORD and LAX Active Sky and QW787 on September 18th and have been trying to get the thing working ever since. it has been very frustrating to say the least.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 07:13:02 am by John Hampton »

Ankh

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 02:41:24 pm »
You compare apples with oranges here. AES was manually designed for each and every airport it supported, means: every gate, every parking position and so on was manually adjusted for a specific scenery. That was also the reason why it was credit-based and you basically paid for every single addon airport seperately. GSX Level 2 does exactly what it was advertised for: it provides you instantly SODE jetways for ALL default airports worldwide and a powerful tool to add SODE jetways for addon sceneries with default or .bgl based jetways. Of course, if you want to have all GSX vehicles and jetways individually adjusted for every single gate/parking in a specific addon, you now must take the work the developers of AES did (and you paid for) yourself. Fair compromise, no?

DreamSkywards

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 03:12:19 pm »
Don't hold your breath. I've complained about this too and no preconfigured SODE updated file for FSDT airports have been offered. I am 100% stunned at the incompleteness of this so-called level 2 product. Craziest thing is the gate next to me with Ultimate Traffic Live traffic parked at the gate at the same FSDT airport had BEAUTIFULLY functioning SODE Jetways. I had nothing.

No offence but did you miss this? http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18965.msg131652.html#msg131652

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 04:11:38 pm »
Is there a way to update the vehicle locations

Vehicle locations "automatically" ? How you'd think this could be possible, without knowing exactly how the scenery is made ?

GSX only knows about the AFCAD, it won't see the actual shape of buildings, considering there are countless of methods those can be made.

There are already lots of issues caused by 3rd party scenery AFCAD with MISTAKES, I can only guess how much worse these will be if we tried to open all the sort of different scenery files, which can be made with all different kind of file formats and SDK, dating back to FS8, FS9, FSX and 4 different version of P3D.

It's much easier to do it visually. You don't have to do it yourself, there are many files made by other users that has been shared in the forum.

and jetways automaticaly for a given airport without having to go through that process in the tutorial video I saw in another post here?

That's an entirely different issue. Jetways ARE automatically replaced for default airports.

But it would be VERY WRONG if we replaced jetways on 3rd party airports automatically! Other developers would *rightfully* be angry at us, and for good reason: we cannot just patch files in someone else's airport without asking. It must be done under your control.

Right now I have FSDT KORD and KLAX and surely you guys must have some custom file already done for them is all I'm saying. Cheers!

They both have customization files for the vehicle positions, but we haven't updated them for SODE jetways yet. KLAX will be out shortly, but we won't likely update KORD anymore, since we are working on a totally new version, with updated runways, taxiways, etc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 04:20:46 pm »
Don't hold your breath. I've complained about this too and no preconfigured SODE updated file for FSDT airports have been offered.

You are wrong, of course. As I've already replied to you here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18965.msg131652.html#msg131652

We have already SEVERAL FSDT airports that have SODE jetways, we already have updated two them ( LSGG and KJFK ) very shortly after releasing GSX Level 2, and we'll continue to update them all, KLAX and CYVR will be the next one, which will be out soon.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 04:29:40 pm »
Of course, if you want to have all GSX vehicles and jetways individually adjusted for every single gate/parking in a specific addon, you now must take the work the developers of AES did (and you paid for) yourself. Fair compromise, no?

Exactly.

I could accept a suggestion like:

"Customizing airports is not for me, it takes too long, I just want to fly, and I'm prepared to PAY to obtain professionally-made airport customization for my 3rd party airports, and although the AES credits structure was so expensive compared to GSX, I don't mind."

Which is something we MIGHT consider offer in the future, if there's enough demand.

But it was made clear since the first announcement of the product that:

- GSX Level 2 would replace jetways automatically ONLY at default airports.

- GSX Level 2 would NOT replace jetways automatically at 3rd party airports, but would offer users all the means to do it themselves, and a place to share their files, in the Sharing section of this same forum.

- GSX Level 2 would NOT replace automatically other SODE jetways, but the passengers will use them.

So, GSX Level 2 is doing exactly what it promised to do and, even if someone didn't read our initial announcement, it should have been obvious how it works by using the Trial version that, for very good reason, can be used in airports that belong to all different categories, default, 3rd party with CTRL+J, and all the FSDT ones, with some of them being SODE and some of them not.