Author Topic: GSX and Mega Airport Rome  (Read 4022 times)

abueren

GSX and Mega Airport Rome
« on: September 15, 2018, 09:49:02 pm »
Hello,
using the Aerosoft Megaairport Rome in P3Dv4.3 today, I had a little problem with GSX. Even though the gate had SODE-Jetways (the ones integrated in the scenery), they were not recognized by GSX. You had to use the native menu of SODE to move them and GSX would say, there are no jetways and board passengers via bus (Level 2).
So obviously GSX isn't aware of these SODE-Gates. I read somewhere that there are different versions of a SODE SDK and it wouldn't suprise me, if this scenery was based on an outdated SDK. Is there any way to find that out? Could there be other reasons for this behaviour?

Of course with GSX Level 2, I could just replace the jetways with new ones but as long as the problem with blurries exists, I want to keep that to a minimum.

Best regards
Adrian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and Mega Airport Rome
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 10:03:17 pm »
I'm not sure if the problem is an old SODE SDK. It might also caused by gates not named correctly in the SODE XML file. Do you have other sceneries that comes with SODE jetways ? Do they work ?

abueren

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 10:32:07 pm »
I just tried with Justsim Dusseldorf: It has native Sode-JEtways and they work fine with GSX Level 2:
- You can dock them
- Passengers board through them
And when it comes to GSX before the Level-2 Update, I used it in literally dozens of addon-Airports with SODE without problems (including of course the newer FSDT airports)

abueren

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 09:41:59 am »
I look up with the airport and found the following information:

"SODE 1.31 activated": So this sounds like an old version. Could this be the reason, why GSX can't recognize it.

Best regards
Adrian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 11:30:15 am »
"SODE 1.31 activated": So this sounds like an old version. Could this be the reason, why GSX can't recognize it.

That's *very* old indeed. You shouldn't even be able to install GSX L2, since it checks for the SODE version. Try to uninstall it manually from the Windows Control Panel (it's under Simobjects Display Engine), then reinstall GSX.

abueren

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 10:41:01 pm »
we probably confused two things here: The version 1.31 is like the "specs" from the Airport Publisher. On my system, I have the newest SODE installed to my knowledge (something like 1.6X).
And using the SODE-Command, the jetways work. Only if entering through the GSX-Menu, it says "no jetway at this gate".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 11:06:51 pm »
we probably confused two things here: The version 1.31 is like the "specs" from the Airport Publisher.

It's possible jetways at that scenery were MADE with an old version of the SODE jetway SDK, which explains why they don't work with GSX, since at a certain point, the SODE SDK was updated with more strict requirements in order to be sure jetways will always be linked to their parking.

So, while they might still work with SODE itself, they might not pass the requirement of being usable with GSX.

abueren

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 10:28:42 pm »
ok, thanks for your help. I will just replace them with GSX-Jetways, finally we have the means to deal with this problems. Congrats once again on this product!