Author Topic: GSX thinks my engines are running, but they're not. GSX won't run.  (Read 3421 times)

ArJuna

GSX thinks my engines are running, but they're not. GSX won't run.
« on: September 21, 2018, 05:52:56 am »
I was just starting a flight at FSDT KDFW to check out the new features in GSX Level 2. I was sitting at the gate in the MJC8Q400 and after the baggage was taken off I asked for the jetways. They did not move.  So I ran the Couatl Check Live Update and it told me to quit and run LiveUpdate. I saved my flight and exited P3d to run LiveUpdate. It did a bunch of updating and when I finished I went back in and reloaded my flight. Now I am at the gate and when I try to pull up the GSX menu it tells me I need to stop my engines. Well they are totally stopped, just as they were when I had just been using it a few minutes prior.

In the cockpit there is nothing on that would be consistent with running engines. So basically I can't use GSX.

ETA
OK, I am now Cold and Dark and GSX is still telling me I need to stop engines before I can run Ground Services.

This is why you do not FORCE beta software on customers that did not choose to install it. My intention was to wait months before even attempting to try Level 2.  GSX Level 1 was at least working to some degree.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:04:47 am by ArJuna »

MTN1794

Re: GSX thinks my engines are running, but they're not. GSX won't run.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 06:03:32 am »
Control+Shift+F1 will fix the problem.  It will allow GSX to work.  Try it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:05:27 am by MTN1794 »

ArJuna

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 06:07:12 am »
Control+Shift+F1 will fix the problem.  It will allow GSX to work.  Try it.

Yes it did, Thanks.
That's weird because I moved the levers in and out of Idle Cut-off numerous times in the cockpit.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:14:07 am by ArJuna »

ArJuna

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 06:09:42 am »
OK, that's really weird. I came back in here to post and went back to P3D. I did not even pause it and it now has the same problem. So I guess I have to repeatedly press Shift-Ctrl-F1 and then my GSX hotkey to use it.

Yup, I just tried it again. After a few seconds of exiting P3D screen and going back it requires another press of Shift-Ctrl-F1 to shut off my engines. I am still in a cold and dark state, so I doubt anything could have changed in the aircraft.

OK, Now the trick won't work at all. Shift-Ctrl-F1 does not fix it. It is still telling me I need to stop the engines. Very, Very Weird!

So in short, the press Shift-Ctrl-F1 trick worked a few times and then not. I am cold and dark. No Joy!

Can I just get my money back?  This is not fun!  I do this to relax, not to get frustrated and have to come in here and report beta software bugs.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:19:23 am by ArJuna »

ArJuna

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 06:59:42 am »
Yay! I have finally figured out the best way to use GSX.

1 - Go to the airport of your choice in P3D.
 2 - Watch the GSX Demo Video on YouTube and ignore the fact that it's not your aircraft or Airport.
 3 - Jump back into to your Aircraft in P3D and continue your flight.

With a good imagination it kind of works.

I have yet to see a SINGLE Level 2 feature in action except for the videos, and it's not for lack of trying. BTW, I have mostly tried using it at FSDT airports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbYuCBeB1LU
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 07:16:53 am by ArJuna »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 01:43:32 pm »
I have yet to see a SINGLE Level 2 feature in action except for the videos, and it's not for lack of trying. BTW, I have mostly tried using it at FSDT airports.

As I already replied to you, your mistake was not understanding that, FSDT airports with no SODE jetways are basically the same of a 3rd party airport with non-default CTRL+J jetways and, as clearly explained on the manual, and on the product announcement from months ago, we DO NOT replace non-default CTRL+J jetways automatically, it must be done manually, following the video tutorial posted here, which allowed so many users to share their creations here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 01:49:45 pm »
Can I just get my money back?  This is not fun!  I do this to relax, not to get frustrated and have to come in here and report beta software bugs.

In your other post about the supposed lack of SODE jetway functionality in FSDT airports, you confused what is in fact a shortcoming of some of our OLDER scenery (which WILL be updated, in the next weeks), with a GSX "bug".

Now, in this post, you are confusing the special case of the Majestic Q400, which uses a non-standard flight/engine model, so it doesn't work like any other airplane out there, in a way that when you switch off the engines, the *standard* engine variables (which work with ALL other airplanes out there, EXCEPT the Q400) will not be updated by the airplane code, making it impossible for GSX to know if those non-standard engines are turned on or off.

This is clearly NOT a "GSX bug", but rather something unique in that airplane.

But, as all other users reported and confirmed to work, if  you use the CTRL+Shift+F1 key to shut down fuel valves, this will result the "standard" engine simulation which is still running in the simulator to turn off its own engine, so GSX can read the correct value.

Everybody using GSX with the Q400 has been using this for years, and it's confirmed to work.

ArJuna

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 06:38:02 am »
Regarding the SODE jetways in KDFW for instance. I went into the customize airport and I was able to add a Jetway, but I could not replace a jetway. There was absolutely no room to add a jetway in the gate area.

Regarding the shift-ctrl-F1 "fix" for the supposedly "Supported" MJC8Q400. It only works sometimes.

For this and MANY other reasons I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to be able to turn off the GSX insistence on having engines shut down to use it. Let me decide when I want to use it. It is so stupid when you have to shut the engines for pushback and then the guys doing the pushback ask you if you want to start the engines before pushback. That's just one reason. Please give me a choice.

Also, I was at KDFW and I had all the exit open and I asked GSX to begin boarding. I then saw a guy pull up with a baggage train and put bags in the cargo area. There were no people whatsoever, not even a bus that showed up. I thought FSDT airports were supposed to be fully level 2 functional.  I was pulling my hair out trying to get a glimpse of level 2. I could not see it, plus I did not even get the level one stuff.