Author Topic: Activation every time scenario loads / passengers not shown  (Read 4027 times)

jmarionneaux

Activation every time scenario loads / passengers not shown
« on: September 20, 2018, 03:37:46 am »
After updating to GSX2 on P3DV4 I am asked if I would like to activate it to this computer every time a scenario loads. (I've check that both versions of GSX is activated with serial keys). After doing so, everything appears to work correctly until it's time for the people to load. The bus will drive up, doors will open, can clearly see the people inside bus, but no one will exit the bus to board the plane. I can even hear the new voice from the push back crew. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling with antivirus turned off, still no luck.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Activation every time scenario loads / passengers not shown
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 03:42:13 pm »
It seems you still have the base GSX active, but GSX Level 2 in Trial.

jmarionneaux

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 12:49:09 am »
In the addon manager for both the GSX and GSX level 2 it says "Product ACTIVE". However, on the other products in the addon manager is says "Product installed and ACTIVE". Again I've uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results.

jmarionneaux

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 02:31:53 am »
Hello, HELP!!! How do I correct this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 06:45:44 pm »
You don't say which airplane you used. If it's not supported, maybe your configuration is wrong. Please try a default airplane to be sure the problem is the airplane configuration.

jmarionneaux

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 10:59:17 pm »
It happens with every aircraft, PMDG, A2A, FsLabs, Majestic, Maddog, TFDI, default, etc. you pick it. When I used the default A320 I was asked to buy it, I already own it. Did you see my comment earlier about GSX and level 2 only showing active and not installed in the addon manager?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 11:24:58 am »
The not installed is not a problem because, if the product is not a scenery, it's not supposed to be installed in the scenery library. That's what "not installed" means.

When I used the default A320 I was asked to buy it, I already own it

What do you mean "I already own it". If you saw the page with the GSX Level 2 picture and a Buy button, it means it's NOT active.

The program cannot possibly know if you bought it, but it can check if it's not active (they are not the same, you might have bought it, but failed to activate it) so, when you saw that window, it surely wasn't active at that time.

If the Addon Manager says GSX Level 2 is active, then it's active, no questions about it. Do you see passengers at one of the Trial airports ?

jmarionneaux

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 12:44:34 am »
I understand now why it just shows Product active and not product installed and active. Going over it again, I own GSX and GSX level 2, I've installed both and used the keys that came with the products to active them both. Today I loaded the FsLabs at KLAS, checked in the addon manager, both products were active, then saw the people arrive in the van and board. Closed the sim, restarted loading the same FsLabs at a payware airport that's non-FSDreamteam. Checked in the addon manager, again both products were active, this time the van arrived empty with no people boarding the plane. I am still asked every time I load a scenario if I want to activate GSX level 2. I've even tried running the desktop GSX updater with no luck or change. I don't know what else to try or say!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 02:08:36 am »
Today I loaded the FsLabs at KLAS, checked in the addon manager, both products were active, then saw the people arrive in the van and board. Closed the sim, restarted loading the same FsLabs at a payware airport that's non-FSDreamteam. Checked in the addon manager, again both products were active, this time the van arrived empty with no people boarding the plane

I'm sorry, but that's the kind of behavior of GSX Level 2 being in Trial.

jmarionneaux

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 10:57:20 pm »
Today I tried to deactivate level 2 and a message appeared saying it could not deactivate it because the key was unknown. Ever seen that before? I was able to deactivate the original GSX without issue and then reactivate it. Is there a way you can deactivate level 2 on your end or will I need to uninstall the addon manager then reinstall it?

flyboy53

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 07:11:31 pm »
check that your doors are open and if they are, that the aircraft positions are configured properly, if GSX doesn't get triggered by a valid entry, nothing will happen.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2018, 12:54:49 pm »
Today I tried to deactivate level 2 and a message appeared saying it could not deactivate it because the key was unknown. Ever seen that before?

No, it looks as if you had an invalid key in the registry but the issue is, a key is not saved in the registry unless it passed the activation successfully so, it's not possible to end up with an invalid key in the registry, unless you put it manually. Or, maybe, some other program (a registry cleaner perhaps ?) messed up with the registry.

I was able to deactivate the original GSX without issue and then reactivate it. Is there a way you can deactivate level 2 on your end or will I need to uninstall the addon manager then reinstall it?

We can reset the activation count, but this won't solve anything if your local registry has a problem. Try this:

- open the default REGEDIT utility

- go to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FSDreamTeam\GSX Level 2 Expansion

- Select the "Serial Number" on the right, and press the DEL key on the keyboard to remove it.

Then start the sim, and try registering again.

flyboy53

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2018, 06:33:50 pm »
Uninstall both and then go to the folder locations in both the appdata virtuali folder and in program files....
Delete the all....
Re install, activate thru your sim in the addon menu, the exit the sim, go to the same folders and add as exclusions to you antivirus and finaly, right clickthe virtuali folder in each location and make sure that you have full control and propagate to sub folders and files....
Besides doing that... I dont know what else would work.. I had to do that to eliminate some errors.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 06:36:32 pm »
Uninstall both and then go to the folder locations in both the appdata virtuali folder and in program files....

And the problem is ?

jmarionneaux

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 12:38:37 am »
I was finally able to deactivate via the addon manager then re-enter my key to activate. As of now it seems to be working!