Author Topic: GSX Level 2 with Orbx ksan  (Read 2830 times)

Johnathan Pata

GSX Level 2 with Orbx ksan
« on: September 20, 2018, 01:05:25 am »
Hey Guys,

I am trying to figure out how to setup Level 2 with KSAN by ORBX and I am having trouble. I am following step by step of the tutorial you have provided. I noticed that their is no Jetway Exclude Radius as well as the Jetway tab near the top when I open the customized setting window. Does that mean I am not able to use it with ORX KSAN?

Thanks for the help
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 01:33:33 am by Johnathan Pata »
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K
OPERATING SYSTEM:Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit
HARD DRIVE: 1 SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD with 2TB HDD and a 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
MEMORY: 32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz   
VIDEO CARD:4GB NVIDIA GTX 960

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level 2 with Orbx ksan
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 03:47:16 pm »
If that scenery already has SODE jetways, it cannot be further customized.

petakas

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 07:08:08 pm »
P3Dv3
ORBX KSAN
GSXv2
No Level 2 changes at gates.

I press CTRL-SHIFT-F12 to launch GSX and I get the message on top of P3D top:
[GSX] System error while accessing file: ... P3D\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KSAN\scenery\KSAN_V2_STATIC\AIRCRAFTS_ADEX_ADE.BGL : Createfile Failed: The system cannot find the file specified.

In ORBX KSAN options I have disabled static aircraft to reduce memory load.

So is it a GSX issue or an ORBX issue ?!
Kyprianos Biris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 09:52:02 pm »
Due to the way GSX detects scenery changes, it cannot detect a file rename or removal, otherwise it would have to scan each and every file at each start, making it very slow but, instead, it only checks the folder last modification date, and this doesn't change after a rename/removed from a folder, which means, if a scenery file has been renamed/removed, you MUST select the "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" option from the Couatl menu after the renaming took place.

petakas

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 07:23:09 am »
OK I did it this way and it worked. Thanks.

Basically this is the process (I used to see) when there was(is) any change with the scenery where GSX automatically detects the change and rebuilds the GSX database (the red letters with percentage indication for progress on P3D launch).
Did this change somehow ?
Is it not happening every time there is a change any more ?
I don't mind, but just ask so that I know when to expect it automatically or when to do it manually.
Kyprianos Biris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 01:47:44 pm »
Basically this is the process (I used to see) when there was(is) any change with the scenery where GSX automatically detects the change and rebuilds the GSX database (the red letters with percentage indication for progress on P3D launch).
Did this change somehow ?

Nothing has changed. See my previous explanation.

Is it not happening every time there is a change any more ?

Yes, it happens automatically when the last modification date for the folder that contains the scenery changes in Windows.  It might not change depending the way the scenery configuration utility does the rename so, it's a bit outside our control.

I don't mind, but just ask so that I know when to expect it automatically or when to do it manually.

If you don't see the red message with a progress saying it's rebuilding the airport cache, then you know you must do it manually. And, of course, if you see that error you just reported when you try to use GSX in the scenery.