Author Topic: Baggage and passengers will not load together  (Read 2515 times)

JRBarrett

Baggage and passengers will not load together
« on: September 16, 2018, 09:18:12 pm »
P3D 4.3

Perhaps I’m missing a setting, but I cannot get the passengers and baggage to load or offload at the same time. On boarding, the loaders position themselves at the cargo doors first. Then, the crew boards, followed by all the passengers. Only after the last passenger is boarded do the baggage trains arrive at the belt loaders to put bags aboard.

On arrival, it is the same. When requesting deboarding, the belt loaders position themselves immediately. Then the passengers start exiting the aircraft. The baggage trains are parked right in front of the aircraft, but do not move until after the last passenger has left the aircraft. Then, and only then, do they drive to the belt loaders and commence offloading bags.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Baggage and passengers will not load together
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 12:36:44 pm »
The loaders won't start loading until you open the cargo doors. GSX will notify of that but, if you moved the Verbosity slider switch all the way down, you'll miss the message from GSX asking to open the door.

JRBarrett

Baggage and passengers will not load together
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 02:31:46 pm »
With the CRJ, I open the main entrance door, the service door, (for catering) and both forward and aft cargo doors all at the same time, right after gate arrival, once engines are shut down. I then command the jetway to connect, and request deboarding.

Likewise when departing from a cold and dark startup. Once power is applied to the aircraft, all entrance and cargo doors are opened, the jetway is connected, and I request boarding to commence.

Perhaps I should leave the cargo doors closed until requested to open them by GSX?

This is at default KELM and default KDTW, both of which have GSX/SODE jetways.

On departure, I do get a “beep” and text message advising me to close the main entrance door after boarding is complete, but no message to close the cargo doors. I’ll check the verbosity setting.

I’ll try with a different aircraft (PMDG 737), to see if results are different, since the CRJ is unusual in having the cargo doors on the left side.

In both cases, departure and arrival, the belt loaders come to the aircraft immediately after boarding/deboarding is requested, and raise up to match the lower edge of the open cargo doors. The two operators then stand next to the foot of the loaders and wait.

In the case of departures, the baggage carts remain in their holding area to the right of the gate. The moment the last passenger is boarded, they finally drive to the two loaders and start placing bags on board.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 02:35:31 pm »
Which CRJ ?

Cyrex1984

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 12:20:44 am »
I have the same problem. Baggage loaders are just standing and waiting, will not start to load/unload baggage before the boarding/deboarding progress is finnished. This happens with all aircrafts.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 11:02:04 pm »
Doesn't happen here. As usual, you must be *precise* when you report a problem:

- Which airport ?

- Which scenery ? Default or 3rd party ?

- Which gate ?

- Which airplane ? It's one internally supported by GSX ? If yes, is the internal GSX configuration active or you have a custom one ? If no, have you configured it correctly ?

- What's the precise, exact, sequence of operations you chose in GSX ?