Author Topic: Strange behavior by baggage equipment.  (Read 1648 times)

JRBarrett

Strange behavior by baggage equipment.
« on: September 16, 2018, 09:06:34 pm »
P3D 4.3

I have customized three parking spots at airports I often fly into. In each instance, the only change was to specify that front and back loaders should be conveyor belts.

I should note that I have been using the Aerosoft CRJ for these tests, which has the cargo doors on the left side of the fuselage.

Prior to requesting boarding, one belt loader is positioned near the front of the aircraft, and one near the rear. There are also two waiting tugs with baggage carts attached, parked side-by-side on the right.

When I request boarding (or deboarding), the same thing happens every time. The forward belt loader drives directly to the aft loader, and “merges” with it, forming a doubled object. Then, the two combined loaders drive together behind the aircraft to the left side. At this point, they split apart again, and go to their respective cargo doors.

The two baggage trains do the same thing. They start driving, merge together, and travel behind the aircraft combined, then split apart and go to each of the two belt loaders.

There appears to be no collision detection between various GSX objects. I’ve seen the catering truck drive right through the fuel truck, and vice-versa.

RoughLanding

Re: Strange behavior by baggage equipment.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 01:07:52 am »
Try going back and clearing all custom settings for that particular airport gate and plane settings. Make new ones, but before you make any new custom settings, clear the old one. This did the trick for me, when I had the same problem.

JRBarrett

Re: Strange behavior by baggage equipment.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 02:50:19 pm »
Try going back and clearing all custom settings for that particular airport gate and plane settings. Make new ones, but before you make any new custom settings, clear the old one. This did the trick for me, when I had the same problem.
Thank you, I’ll try that. I’ve been doing all my test flights with the CRJ, which has the cargo doors on the left side, so the belt loaders and baggage carts have to drive around the back of the aircraft from their normal staging area on the right side. That might be part of the problem.

I’ll try a different aircraft (737) with standard right side cargo doors to see how the vehicles behave.

If that works, I will create a custom gate just for the CRJ, and stage the loaders and baggage carts on the left side.

It’s not a big problem in any case. Just looks kind of unusual to see the loaders and carts merge together during the initial part of their journey😀