Author Topic: GSX identifies wrong airport.  (Read 4192 times)

RobertO1035

GSX identifies wrong airport.
« on: September 17, 2018, 07:36:56 am »
On the ground at ORBX LOWI.  GSX is identifying it as Innsbruck hospital helipad.  So, no GSX services are available on the ramp.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX identifies wrong airport.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 11:50:19 am »
GSX Manual, page 25, the chapter named "Airports Visibility Auxiliary airports/helipads/seaplane bases"

RobertO1035

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 07:07:32 pm »
Thanks for your quick response Umberto!   :)

The ICAO code for the Innsbruck Helipad is JFLI.  Innsbruck airport is LOWI. It looks like this situation is an airport, inside an airport.  So, in the Couatladdon.ini, I entered "airport_visibility_jfli = 0.4" onto the last line of the GSX string.  GSX worked for the helipad.  So, I deleted that command and entered "airport_visibility_lowi = 0.4" at the end of the string.  GSX did not work at all.

Basically, I will never use the helipad.  If I could disable JFLI, or even delete it, I'd be fine.  LOWI is what I want to use permanently.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for your help! 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 07:15:15 pm »
I deleted that command and entered "airport_visibility_lowi = 0.4"

That's the mistake. If you wanted to use an airport inside an airport and keep using BOTH, you should have set a lower visibility for JFLI (a single helipad would be probably even lower than 0.1, these are nautical miles), and don't set anything for LOWI, which will have its default value of 3 NM.

By setting LOWI to a low visibility, you basically disabled it unless you were dead on its center.

Basically, I will never use the helipad. 

Then just set JFLI visibility to 0

RobertO1035

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 04:25:21 am »
Okay, this is the command I typed in: "airport_visibility_jfli = 0." GSX doesn't work at all. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 07:58:50 am »
Okay, this is the command I typed in: "airport_visibility_jfli = 0." GSX doesn't work at all. 

Pleas clarify what do you mean with "doesn't work at all". Have you removed the visibility you said you added to LOWI, which I said was wrong ?

RobertO1035

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 08:02:13 pm »
Sitting at LOW, I hit Ctrl+Shift+F12 and got an audio bong sound.  Then, nothing happened.  This was when I had JFLI set to 0.  I've attached my Coulatladdon.ini, so you can see what I did.

I don't doubt that I am probably not doing things correctly.  So, could you please tell me what exactly I need to put in the ini file?  I don't want to ever use JFLI in GSX  I only want GSX to read LOWI.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 11:46:09 pm »
Sitting at LOW, I hit Ctrl+Shift+F12 and got an audio bong sound.  Then, nothing happened. 

That's likely the warning from GSX, telling you something is not right. But, maybe, you changes the default Verbosity slider in the GSX setting, so you hear the sound, but not the message.

In P3D 4.3 you can disable these notifications in the Options->General->Information->Message Text so, be sure they are not disabled.

RobertO1035

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 05:12:53 am »
Thanks for the tip. I started the notifications and the reason why GSX wasn't working was because the parking brake wasn't set.  Once I set the parking brake, GSX worked. 

Looks like the problem is solved.  Thank you again for your help.