Author Topic: Is there a problem with the green info bar not updating?  (Read 2887 times)

CKAJCA

Is there a problem with the green info bar not updating?
« on: September 05, 2018, 06:29:48 pm »
I exclusively fly the PMDG 737. GSX asks me to open OR close various doors and I comply but the green info bar seems to takes a LONG time (at least 30 seconds after the doors have closed) before it disappears. This makes me think that GSX has not registered the actions that I have completed and is still waiting for me to do something. Any advice would be appreciated.
Regards Colin
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 06:38:16 pm by CKAJCA »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Is there a problem with the green info bar not updating?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 09:48:44 pm »
GSX surely check the variables as soon as they change. But it's possible that if you set a longer (longer than the default 10 seconds ) time interval between notifications, you might still seeing the previous notification.

And, since the green bar is shared by applications, is in fact a queue, which all the messages coming from different apps stacked and queue to be displayed. So, if you have other message from other apps using the same green bar, it's possible (depending when they sent their own message), the one from GSX came later, even if it was queued when the door was still really open. There's just nothing we can do about this.

CKAJCA

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 11:06:07 am »
Thank you very much :)

danmclain70

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 10:20:35 pm »
My question too, When I updated to prepar3D v4.3 I lost the green message bar. I was hoping that the  Expansion to v2 might fix it, but no joy. I have completely uninstalled  and reinstalled GSX. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the Addon Mgr.
In settings the Message verbosity is set to Display all messages. I don't know what
else to do.

Dan Mclain

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 11:16:23 pm »
My question too, When I updated to prepar3D v4.3 I lost the green message bar

You probably updated using the Client only, which is not safe for these items like the Simconnect menu or the Simconnect green text bar.

I was hoping that the  Expansion to v2 might fix it, but no joy. I have completely uninstalled  and reinstalled GSX. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the Addon Mgr.

Well, it should be fairly obvious that, if you lost the green bar after updating P3D, the problem was caused by the update so, acting on GSX would be entirely useless, since regardless how many things GSX can do, it surely cannot fix a somewhat incomplete installation of the simulator.

To fix this, download and install also the P3D 4.3 Content. Uninstall first the old Content from the Windows Control Panel, then reinstall the 4.3 Content.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 06:37:44 pm by virtuali »

danmclain70

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 04:07:26 am »
Wish I could tell you that fixed it, but it didn't I knew that it was a update problem, but I was waiting hoping
the Expansion 2 would fix it. I reinstalled content when I upgraded to get the C-130, so I didn't think it would fix
it, but I certainly didn't mind doing it again

Regards,

Dan McLain

danmclain70

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 02:05:51 pm »
FYI Virtuali,
There is a new options menu in the options section in V4.3 in the General Information section called " Miscellaneous Text"
The last box is "Message Text", and needs to be selected. That's why no green message bar.

Regards,

Dan McLain