Author Topic: GSX and PMDG clash  (Read 1943 times)

Kreu

GSX and PMDG clash
« on: September 15, 2018, 07:05:30 pm »
Hi all, I don't know if this has been discussed before but here goes.

I am using Prepar3d v4 and apart from GSX I am also using my PMDG 737 NGX. Both products are fine, however the problem arises during initial loading. As soon as I load the airport and aircraft, GSX goes through its cache procedure and that interferes with the PMDG initial systems check and loading. Basically I end up with non functional, non operatable PMDG product for a silly clash in initialisation. My question is this: is there a way in which I could have GSX go through its cache manually? or better yet, is there a way in which I could modify GSX to perform its cache loading at a set time (say for example after 30 seconds from loading? PMDG only takes a maximum of 20 seconds to go through its startup cache run).

Thanks in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and PMDG clash
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 08:19:23 pm »
There's something very wrong at the basics. GSX is supposed to recreate its cache ONLY if you added/removed a scenery. Are you using some kind of utility that keeps changing the Scenery Library at each flight ?

downscc

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 08:23:29 pm »
In addition, I've never seen a problem with the PMDG initialization caused by the couatl scan.  There is something else that is causing the problem with PMDG initialization, maybe related to why couatl detects a change in scenery each time, maybe not.  I beta test for PMDG and am a "heavy user," so I can say with confidence that the PMDG countdown and the GSX countdown do not interfere with each other.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 08:27:31 pm »
so I can say with confidence that the PMDG countdown and the GSX countdown do not interfere with each other.

I think so too. We use the standard Simconnect text function, and I'm sure PMDG use it too and, the way that feature work, it's perfectly legal for two applications to write to the same line, without any clashes. Messages will just be queued or removed, so the worse that can happen, is that some of them might be missed.

Kreu

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 08:36:15 pm »
Apart from GSX and PMDG I only use REX. At best that could be responsible for any updates being done. That said, I have AI traffic from AIG but I don't think that is related