Author Topic: Couatl and gsx menu dissapear when restarting  (Read 2840 times)

jddavid

Couatl and gsx menu dissapear when restarting
« on: September 14, 2018, 06:43:37 pm »
Hello:

I have searched the forum for a solution to this issue with no luck. If it's already been solved, I apologize in advance.
Since I upgraded to p3dv4.3, if I reset services in GSX or restart couatl, both GSX and couatl menus disappear from my addons menu.
In FSX, sometimes after boarding pax and requesting pushback, nothing happened. I usually reset services and everything worked again. But now, the menus disappear and I have to restart the sim. I've tested this with different aircraft and in different airports with the same results. Addon manager menu still shows up.
This happened a couple months ago, when I first installed p3dv4. This week I decided to unistall and reinstall p3dv4, gsx and all FSDT airports I have and still have the same issue.

Following some threads in the forum, I excluded my P3D folder and Addon Manager folder in my antivirus. Still same results.

Any ideas what it might be?
Thanks in advance.

Daniel.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl and gsx menu dissapear when restarting
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 06:45:49 pm »
I have searched the forum for a solution to this issue with no luck. If it's already been solved, I apologize in advance.

Yes, it has been solved with a Live Update released after the new Level 2 expansion. Run the FSDT Live Update now to get it.

jddavid

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 09:13:54 pm »
Hello again:

Today I ran live update, but the problem persists. This time it threw a message saying that couatl couldn't restart and make sure to exclude it in my AV, which it is. Everything related to P3Dv4 is excluded.
I also found that if I start P3Dv4 with the default aircraft and then switch to another, GSX and couatl menu will disappear as well.
Is there any other folder I might need to exclude?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 10:09:04 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot replicate the problem in any way. What other addon modules (things with DLLs and EXEs) you have installed ?

jddavid

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 01:37:46 am »
Well, lets see... I use PMDG, not sure if it uses dlls and exes. I use active sky, fsuipc and voxatc for a normal flight, but vox and AS are off when I test it.
Could it be something with simconnect? Should I reinstall GSX?

Thanks for all the help.

Daniel.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 03:52:00 am »
Try to run Live Update again now. We found a problem with the Cloudflare servers not updating correctly, which affected only some zones.

jddavid

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 11:45:35 pm »
Thanks for the support. I ran live update again and saddly, have the same issue.

Regards.

Daniel.

olddogg60

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 01:04:31 am »
Thanks for the support. I ran live update again and saddly, have the same issue.

Regards.

Daniel.

I still have this issue also.  I have reinstalled several times, made sure that I had version 2.5.0.6 and ran Live Update.  Still the same.

Bill