Author Topic: GSXL2 Isn't functioning properly  (Read 11624 times)

AaronMyers

GSXL2 Isn't functioning properly
« on: September 14, 2018, 12:49:31 pm »
I have GSX L2 purchased and activated, but on the first flight I noticed no difference, other than the new sounds. Passengers still loaded virtually, no new animations. Pushback however still worked fine.

I went through the tutorial and started to walk through setting up a gate. When selecting the option for customizing the gate the pop up window does come up and shows me all the available options for that gate. However, when clicking the button to customize the gate vehicles, nothing happens. Nothing animates in the sim, no changes whatsoever. It's like it's not taking the button click at all. From there, no further GSX actions work without restarting the sim.

I've tried restarting coutl within the sim, nothing. I just tried downloading a new copy of GSX, uninstalling, also uninstalling the addon manager, then reinstalling. Still the same behavior.

Any thoughts on what's going on? Any help is appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSXL2 Isn't functioning properly
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 05:07:44 pm »
You don't say which airport you used, and if the gate had jetways. If the airport has custom default CTRL+J jetways, they must be replaced first, before being able to see passengers, otherwise they will only work with a bus at such airports.

Jetways on default airports should work automatically but, since the default replacement model is opaque, you won't see passengers from the outside, but it should be clear they are not simulated.

They will surely work on any parking in the open, with a Bus+Passenger stairs.

AaronMyers

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 06:06:05 am »
I tried a couple of airports, but yes you are correct. Right now I'm trying Flightbeam's KDEN which does not have SODE jetways which explains the issue getting the customization screen to appear. At a default airport it works fine. Now, I know that an exclusion can only be made for a 3rd party airport if the jetways are not part of the terminal buildings. How can I know this the case about any given 3rd party airport? I tried checking the jetway exclude box, but it will not apply and I assume because in that scenery the jetways are not able to be excluded?

EDIT: I just loaded and tried Aerosoft's Frankfurt professional v2 and had the same result. Check the box for excluding jetways, click apply, and it never takes the click. Apply stays lit, never greys out like it took the apply.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 06:41:34 am by AaronMyers »

surfcandy

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 07:18:43 am »
Just recently purchased and having similar problems.Tried both default airports and Aerosoft and still no passengers.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 07:34:58 am by surfcandy »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 08:43:18 am »
EDIT: I just loaded and tried Aerosoft's Frankfurt professional v2 and had the same result. Check the box for excluding jetways, click apply, and it never takes the click. Apply stays lit, never greys out like it took the apply.

That's not normal. The exclude button will always work, regardless how the scenery is made. It's possible there's some kind of error happening, which stop the Apply button from working correctly.

If you don't have logging enabled in GSX, go into GSX Settings -> Troubleshooting and enable the log.

Then, restart Couatl from the menu, do the same (see the Apply button becoming unresponsive), exit the sim and Attach a ZIPPED Couatl.LOG file to a post, so I can check it.

AaronMyers

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 11:00:04 pm »
Thanks, attached is the mentioned file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 11:53:30 pm »
Yes, I can see there are non fatal errors, but enough to prevent the button from working. Could you please post the airport .INI file you were working on ?

AaronMyers

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 02:53:16 am »
Unfortunately it does not look to be creating one here. I have only one airport .ini file and it was for a default airport that worked fine. I seem to see this behavior at any of the 3rd party airports I've tried. So far only Flightbeam's KDEN and Aerosoft's EDDF Professional.

AaronMyers

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 02:05:08 pm »
Bump.

Any thoughts?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 02:15:09 pm »
Something is wrong with your .INI file, could you post that too ?

AaronMyers

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 01:12:54 am »
Something is wrong with your .INI file, could you post that too ?

I mentioned this in my previous reply, it doesn't appear to be creating one at all. I have only one airport .ini file and it was for a default airport that worked fine. I seem to see this behavior at any of the 3rd party airports I've tried. So far only Flightbeam's KDEN and Aerosoft's EDDF Professional.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 10:59:43 pm »
So far only Flightbeam's KDEN and Aerosoft's EDDF Professional.

No problems here in customizing Aerosoft EDDF:

AaronMyers

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 05:50:49 am »
So far only Flightbeam's KDEN and Aerosoft's EDDF Professional.

No problems here in customizing Aerosoft EDDF:

I'm not sure I understand the point of your reply, unless it is to illustrate the steps required to customize a jetway and I can confirm this is what I'm doing to the letter. That is, only the first part because I can't seem to get past the exclude. An error is thrown in the error log that I previously attached, and what seems to be the relevant material is copied again below, surely there is a clue there somewhere that can assist you, assist me in making mine work the way yours does.

Code: [Select]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\parkingDialog.py", line 1123, in onApply
AttributeError: 'ParkingDialog' object has no attribute 'jetwayName1'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\parkingDialog.py", line 237, in initJetwayTabs
  File "wx\_core.py", line 16711, in __getattr__
wx._core.PyDeadObjectError: The C++ part of the ParkingDialog object has been deleted, attribute access no longer allowed.
{'Airport': 'EDDF', 'User Pos': (50.04854869127172, 8.575239144249405, 112.121 m, 1.17384 m, 203.7776789138325)}
disconnected from SimConnect.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 03:41:05 pm »
Your error seems to indicate something like you switching from parking to parking too fast, or trying to apply multiple changes to lots of jetways without waiting for all of them to be recreated and then changing another setting in the mean times so, the editor was probably confused by all these overlapping commands.

Don't go too fast, especially if you have many jetways to change at the same time.

AaronMyers

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2018, 01:35:05 am »
What you showed in your video is way faster than anything I'm doing. This is precisely the actions I'm taking:

1. Load P3D to the options screen.
2. Select an aircraft, in this case the PMDG 737.
3. Select an airport and a gate, in this case EDDF gate B43, just as you used in your video.
4. Select daytime if necessary so I can see.
5. Click go, or OK, or whatever the fly now button is.
6. The sim loads up and I wait for the PMDG systems to initialize, something like 17 seconds.
7. Select the GSX customize parking option from the menu.
8. Check the box to add an exclude, and click Apply.

That's it, apply does not take and the posted error is logged. There is no quickness or changing parking gates or anything. Load up, click the checkbox, click apply, and it doesn't.

Perhaps this purchase was just a mistake. My post is a full week old now and I really feel like I'm just spinning around and not getting anywhere.